• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

If my heart was a compass you’d be north
    We got older and I should have known
    that I’d feel colder when I walk alone
    Neverwhere should know what it’s like - blurting out everything that comes to mind when it doesn’t concern him what the consequences would be (so, basically always), he is not always well-liked indeed. Nevertheless he could consider other people’s feelings when he is in the mood, hence his quick shift-back upon landing. However, he’s not under the impression that she had missed it - especially when it’s her natural scowl greeting him.

”Aww, I missed you too, Neverwhere.” Sniffing as if she’d said the most beautiful thing in the world, he gazes at her with a humour that doesn’t at all fit his touched-my-heart pose. ”I just figured we might need to discuss that pretty, big white blob of yours - since it is technically yours.” He rolls his shoulders, shakes his crest lazily to rearrange his mane, even though he knows Nerine’s wistful winds well enough that he shouldn’t have bothered - but he just likes to do things unhurriedly.

”You see, I distinctly remember handing the pretty white thing to Jesper, and now I can’t seem to find him there. Can you tell me who leads the residents there, these days?” More serious now, he looks to the Nerinian queen as if that’s her fault - he would not blame her for Jesper being taken, but he somewhat does blame her for the lack of action from Nerine’s side: to ensure leadership was, even if temporarily, continued. A lack of leader in these times could prove dangerous- ultimately, he is concerned that it could rip him of his home base, even if he was up there in the north as much as he spent time in the south. It’s something he doesn’t like the sound of; in fact, he’d rather lead it again than lose it to someone he doesn’t know and perhaps doesn’t trust… however long until Jesper returned, of course. He doesn’t miss being tied to one place to ensure its borders are secure, and whatnot.

”You’re not playing favourites, are you?” he says then, more playfully as he grins to her and nods to the redwoods not too far south of them. He knows there was some form of attention needed with that place, of course. Had for once decided not to stick his nose into that wedge. Anyway. He turns his attention to the milky-eyed mare, ever curious. After all, how can he weigh one potential home against another, if he’s not given all the information he needs on which to base his decisions? For example, what Neverwhere is like as a queen, and what she thinks of her icy territory?
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire

@[Neverwhere] While he wants to know very badly what she thinks, I kinda feel like he sounds more accusing than I wanted him to, sorry (:
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: If my heart was a compass you’d be north - by Leilan - 02-25-2020, 04:47 PM