• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The needle moves gracefully; Atrox, any
    We got older and I should have known
    that I’d feel colder when I walk alone
    Hyaline. The mountainous kingdom had sheltered him once, until his ambition to be something, or rather be something else or whole, had brought him a quest that took him away. Kensa had been fine with it; but before the year was over, his promise to return to remain her lieutenant was forfeit.

It left him wandering and homeless once more, though he must admit he mostly avoided the place because of the mare he’d drowned and hidden in a cave, sealed with ice and rock to prevent vermin from eating her; and hopefully just about weak enough for her to be able to bust out should he not be around when she woke.

In fact he wanted to be nowhere near her when she woke.

But duty calls, somewhat. His daughter was still out there, even though she could take care of herself very well. At the very least he should see if she had done that, indeed.

With a deep breath, the ice-scaled stallion steps up to the border, then hesitates - should he even call? He could pretend it was still home - but then he figures since he’s not inclined to stay longer than necessary, he might as well.

He announces his presence confidently, then idly walks along the border, wondering who he’ll find. After all, a name is all he got.
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire

@[Atrox] just here for a chat and seeing where it goes
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

hangman hooded, softly swinging; don't close the coffin yet, I'm alive

Hyaline is relatively quiet, and Atrox finds that suits him just find.

In his past lives he had been a warmonger, a soldier, a General—someone who had sought out the fight in every situation—but he does not jump so quickly to such results these days. Perhaps because he has grown more mild in his old age or perhaps because he has simply diverted his attention to more selfish motives. He has no Chamber to live and to die for now, after all. The heart that he had pledged to the land (that she had ripped from his chest and buried) was long gone and he was left with nothing but the scar.

Just a stallion from another time without a cause.

It leaves him dangerously bored on occasion, but he finds ways to occupy his time. Today, it was the promise of the hunt up the mountains of his lakeside home, tracking the small prey through the path of twisted trees. Or, rather, that’s what it was until he catches the scent of a stranger by the border. Annoyed, Atrox gives up the scent he had been tracking, stands up straighter and shakes the dust from his coat.

For a second, he pauses, eyes toward the border, nose twitching. He contemplates just ignoring the stranger there—he has no duty to anyone after all—but, eventually, curiosity gets the best of him.

He angles himself back down the mountain and makes his way toward the frosted stranger, only bothering to shift when he was several yards away. When he stands as a stallion, his yellow eyes are sharp and the black of his mane tangles and ropes down his thick neck. He stops when he is close enough to be heard, angling his heavy-jawed head to the side without bothering to mask his curiosity.

“Can I help you?”

ATROX | THE PANTHER KING
    [Image: atrox.png]

now be defiant, the lion, give them the fight that will open their eyes

We got older and I should have known
    that I’d feel colder when I walk alone
    While he makes his little round, the cold-scaled male takes in the scents of the place. Both home and not, he becomes increasingly curious as to who lives here. It seems quiet, but it had been quiet under Kensa’s rule as well - seemingly quiet, that was. Perhaps right now it lacks that little tension that promised that the Hyaline residents might still emerge and do something completely weird - like actual horse hunting, or hoarding girls to exchange for gold later - but with a little incentive, perhaps something fun might still happen.

It takes some time until a figure finally emerges; and a cat at that. Still, the movement is purposeful in a way that doesn’t indicate a hunt, which would be odd for a cat but less so for a shifter. So when the male indeed shifts into a horse shape, the dragon stallion simply nods to him until the question is asked. ”Probably, if you’re willing to share some information.” His tail sweeps lazily past his hocks, estimating the other stallion for a moment.

Then, he rolls his shoulders. ”When Kensa still ruled, I put a dead woman in a cave. She’s immortal though; I should like to check on her, see if she’s waking up yet.” Provocative, as is his style just because he likes to see how the other reacts. ”I also figured now would be a good time to ask if my return was still anticipated. I told Kensa when I left, but someone took over her leadership before my year away had ended.” he grimaces a bit, though there is no disgruntledness in his eyes, no malice or disappointment in his voice. It just is. He awaits the black’s answer patiently; if he can’t be bothered to answer or let him in, then that’d be an answer in itself as well, he reckons.
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire

@[atrox]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

hangman hooded, softly swinging; don't close the coffin yet, I'm alive

Atrox watches with little expression across his face, with no great surprise or recognition. He has never seen the stallion, after all, and he has no desire to get to know him—to dig deeper than the truth. At his first statement, there is the briefest show of humor across his face, flickering on the edges of his mouth—after all, he would share exactly whatever information he wanted and in exactly the right amount—but he doesn’t say that. He neither denies it or affirms it, just flicks his tail against his scarred haunches.

When the other attempts to provoke him with the mention of a dead woman, he shrugs. He has no great care if there is some half-dead woman waking up in a cave somewhere. He has yet to smell the stench of death which means she must not be rotting, and if she wasn’t making his home smell horrendous, then he had no great care for who lived their life in the quit crannies on the edge of his home.

“I have no idea who you are so I’ve anticipated nothing,” he says with a cold smile. “I didn’t take over leadership for her—I took it from her. We didn’t exactly speak.” There’s no great malice in it because he truly didn’t care about whoever Kensa was. He barely knew the name as the supposed leader before he took Hyaline, let alone whatever plans she had for the leaders within the place.

He shrugs again. “Feel free to check on your dead plaything. I just ask you remove the carcass if you find one. I can’t stand the smell of a wasted meal.” His teeth flash slightly, a sudden white against the black of his lips, and then nothing, his yellow eyes waiting to see if there was more that needed to be said.

ATROX | THE PANTHER KING
    [Image: atrox.png]

now be defiant, the lion, give them the fight that will open their eyes