• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  you're a room without a key, a field without a fence.
    won’t you drag the lake and bring me home again
    The angel-dragon has begun to settle into life in Pangea, and the way the kingdom bustles with an energy she is unfamiliar with. She finds herself spending a lot of time with little, reluctant Alcinder, and she already finds herself loving the tobiano child. He is hers, hers and Ghaul’s, and she knows that when his year of captivity is over, she will fight to keep him with them in Pangea. It’s where he belongs now; his own mother probably won’t even remember his face after a year apart. Clarissa, on the other hand, will never forget a single line of the boy’s face. He is hers.

She is startled from her thoughts by an anguished, furious roar, and at once she springs to action. There is no doubt in her mind that it is Ghaul, and something has gone horribly wrong - his screeching drags her towards the border at a frantic pace, hoping that she is not too late. The way his voice had echoed off of the canyons… a fresh wave of panic washes over and a draconic screech of terror rips from her lips, joining the fading echoes of Ghaul’s own voice.

Flames burn the back of her throat as she finally catches a glimpse of him along the border, bloodied and broken much like the captive he had taken from Loess. One wing hangs limp from his withers and the other is just a stump pulsing with a stream of blood, staining his beautiful golden coat. “Ghaul!” she screeches, and shudders as an unfamiliar emotion races through her veins - is this what fury feels like? Gasping desperately for air as she reaches his side, she buries her head in his chest and tries to hide the tears that flood her cheeks.

“Who did this to you?” she whispers, uneasy about the anger that threatens to overwhelm her, but embracing it all the same. “Who did this to you, my flame? I will slaughter them all, I will tear them limb from limb and make them grovel at your feet.”

They say that she is an angel, but here’s the thing: angels can be truly terrible to look upon.

@[ghaul]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you're a room without a key, a field without a fence. - by clarissa - 02-11-2020, 12:53 AM