• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Fear the soldier who stammers, he is quick to pull the trigger
    A field.

Horses, grazing. New frost on the grass - melting. For how long?

A short figure among the tall; all bow down. Chewing. Bowing. Same difference.

Eyes graze horizon: winter. New land. Opportunities?

A growl.

Bow down.

Like the rest of them - feed.

Tasteless. Humid. Dirty.

Filling.

Better than nothing.

Still cold, though.

Open to any!

Selective mutism: unable to form sentences longer than a few words, both in tongue and in thought. Please bear with me while I try a totally weird/new style of posts!
    It is a semi bitter day that he finds himself roaming the meadow. The frosty air bites at his lips but barely penetrates the thick, black skin and coat of this bull horse.

Jakub's midnight eyes glide over the gathered horses. It has been a while since he took to doing anything diplomatic. He had locked himself away since the day he said goodbye to Adria on the shores by the rivers opening. His thoughts had been consumed by her, leaving him with nothing but empty loneliness.

He couldn't help but to wonder where she had went. He had went to Ischia a couple times since but the shores had been as lonely as his heart. He passed pleasantries with his fellow residences in Tephra. He smiled when he was suppose to, and laughed when expected.... but.

Today was a breath of fresh air, quiet literally. The giant beast sucked in a large quantity of sharp, cold air holding it for what seemed like forever before releasing it back into the cold morning.

As the cloud of frosted air cleared his horned head turned in curiosity as he spotted a stranger male across the way watching the others and then turning down to graze. He contemplated for a moment as to whether he should approach. The other male was significantly smaller than he a d though he was the most loyal, compassionate man many who did not know him coward at his size, the large horns that adorned his head, and the bulging of muscle beneath his coat.

It only took Jakub a few short strides to reach the man, keeping at a respectful distance before bowing down to graze. "I've forgotten how dry the grass is here " he said non chalantly between chewing. His midnight eyes watched the man from the corners of their sockets gauging his reaction.

@[Stacca]
    Tephra inhabitant (Alpha)
    Male - mature - smoke and ash.

But not lonely. Others’ scents, fading.

Lashes lift, orbs scan the field.

Black. Broad. HUGE.

Wonder how? Why?

No matter. Not my place. His problem.

Blink, a toss of head. The comment dry - dry grass.

A nod, then a curious tilt.

”Winter.” his only comment. Gesture to the field. Dryness was normal.

So why forgotten?

Eyes narrow. Halted. Stunned. Curious.

Introductions or questions?

No choice - result: silence.

Rude maybe.

@[Jakub]

Selective mutism: unable to form sentences longer than a few words, both in tongue and in thought. Please bear with me while I try a totally weird/new style of posts!
    It's dry despite the scattered snow. The air bites and chaps the skin. The foliage becomes rough and tasteless. He watches the stranger and a small half smile sweeps his face as the man says a single word, "winter."

His head nods out of habit as he returns to the brittle grass at his hooves. He paws at the ground with his cloven hooves springing forth more morsels to devour. 

He sighs loudly in displeasure, "I know where we can have a real fruitful feast if you are interested. It's alot warmer too." He lifts his large head to peer at the man for a moment, "My name is Jakub," he offers before turning to look towards his home, which is far out of view. "My home is called Tephra. It's warm year round and you would be anything but dry beneath her canopy." 

This was the first time Jakub realized that he had ever attempted to recruit someone back to his homeland. Though, he didn't really feel like this was recruiting. The stallion intruiged him, he liked him and even thought he would be a good match for Tephra.
    @[Stacca]
    Tephra inhabitant (Alpha)
    Kindness - offered freely. The best kind.

Sigh follows - not used to it?

Pawing, not eating. Definitely not used.

Wonder where? Grass must be better.

Time passes. Black speaks.

Name. "Stac-c-c-c-" Shake. "-ca."

Shrug. Always the same: used to it.

Ears swivel. Tail brushes. Grass still dry.

Tephra - noted. A nod, a grin. "No winter?" Interesting. Unreal.

Brows lift. Studies companion.

Fit. Half-bull.

"Magic?"

Head tilt. Weird land.