• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Help?
    Any lovelies have tips to finding your muse when life seems to just get in the way?

I *want* to write, I just can't actually get myself to do it.
    Well, I can tell you that this would be me:

[Image: a704f09e1f13fe3ecd1db1fb22815985.jpg]

Because the only thing I’ve known to help me write is writing just about anything. Nonsense and sense alike; random words to later incorporate into a post or even just a paragraph that I can scratch later.

Another thing I do, which is highly efficient of myself Wink, is to read posts and already think of a reply while doing other things. This can be a single sentence that is a sassy reply or a random thought that my character might have about the current situation. And for starter posts (which I find the hardest) I usually think of why they would go there, and if they normally might not, how come they wouldn’t and what could have prompted them.

I don’t write down most of the above, but it helps me get in character. Then, by the time I get home or get on the train to work, I just write a bunch of things that apparently can make up a post (because well, there’s lines of text and such and it’s reply-able).

I hope that helps a bit!

One piece of advice that I was given that seems to help is to stick to a schedule. I have a "spot" in the house and I try to write there later on the evenings. Sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't. Tongue

But having a place that I associate with writing can help get me in the right frame of mind I guess?

I also keep a notepad next to my desk at work. Whenever I get a really good line or think of something I like, I write it down there and then will build a post around that when I do get a chance to write.

Hopefully maybe this helps?
    I just spew garbage until it turns into less garbage.
    Ryatah & her 800 relatives, plus Briseis
    i am also a spewer, but i also sometimes will jot down ideas while i’m watching a show or something.
    if i’m struggling with a specific reply i will sometimes bullet point out what needs to be accomplished in the post and then make those into sentences later.