• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  on laugh-silvered wings
    again you’re gone, off on a different path than mine
    i'm left behind wondering if i should follow

Alcinder mentions the prickly pears, and Lepis smiles. “I hope you’ve worked up an appetite,” she gently teases. “They’ve grown wild in your absence.”

The dun mare mentions this only as she sees the nearby descent of a familiar blue figure. Oceane will be here any moment, and indeed Lepis steps aside to clear the way toward her son. In non-verbal response to the other mare’s questions, Lepis first shakes her head, and then adds a shrug of her shoulders. The appearance of Alcinder in the center of Loess is as much a mystery for the golden mare as for the boy’s mother. There is a scent on him that she almost knows. It is much altered though, and she is misled by the smell of dragon-kind and the tale that the boy tells as Oceane holds him tight.

Cormorant, an angel-dragon, a claw-foot man. None of these are familiar to Lepis, but she does recognize the smell of Pangea on him. It’s the same smell that the red-eyed stallion had, the horned creature Oceane saved her from hailed from that land as well. Is this a concentrated effort by Pangea against Loess? The dun is distracted, and not until she realizes Oceane is looking at her, waiting for an answer, does she race through the memory of what he had said. A dragon in the forest, and friends with Oceane. Friends, she thinks again, and the pieces click into place.

Lepis nods, her unworried expression not belaying the silent answer she gives. [Leilan] says Lepis’ voice, though the word do not pass her lips. Instead the name arrives in Oceane's mind. This is her first effort with someone trustworthy, and after a moment her blue-grey eyes turn questioning, as though waiting for acknowledgment of her silent action. When she finally does oshift her tongue to speak, it is second before a wing shadow passes her over, and she looks up to see a pied dragon overhead.

“Speak of the dragon,” she says aloud, the uncertainty and hesitation of a moment before drowned out in amused fondness that only Oceane will hear. The man certainly has a knack for making an entrance, the Cleric thinks, though why he remains a dragon she’s not certain. “I don’t appreciate being reminded of my insignificant size, your majesty.” The mare says, glancing at him from the corner of one blue grey eye, obvious insincerity in her formal address and the same teasing light as before in her steel blue eyes. “Why don’t you join the rest of us as something more natural shaped?”

LEPIS
    i’m the one who sees you home--
    but now i’m lost in the woods

and i don’t know what path you are on

Messages In This Thread
    on laugh-silvered wings - by Alcinder - 02-16-2020, 07:48 PM
    RE: on laugh-silvered wings - by Lepis - 02-18-2020, 08:52 AM
    RE: on laugh-silvered wings - by Oceane - 02-18-2020, 02:36 PM
    RE: on laugh-silvered wings - by Castile - 02-18-2020, 03:52 PM
    RE: on laugh-silvered wings - by Lepis - 02-18-2020, 10:44 PM
    RE: on laugh-silvered wings - by Leilan - 02-19-2020, 01:12 PM
    RE: on laugh-silvered wings - by Oceane - 02-23-2020, 08:37 PM