• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  the north, the north, the north is on fire.
    GHAUL
    i can take you there, but baby, you won't make it back
    They are ungrateful. He gives them the gift of fire after a century of the cold and Brazen repays him by charging at him. Ghaul’s purring stops and he spreads his wings wide as he braces for her impact, his scar tissue lips peeling back into an awful grin just before she collides with him. They tumble to the ground and he grips her with his ragged talons to they roll together. She manages to knock the wind from him and this fact draws a wheezing cackle from his throat when they come to a stop.

The great beast is atop her but he does not release her. Instead, he leans his head down until their horns meet with a light click, and then he drags his tongue across her cheek to taste the armor that protects her. He audibly smacks his lips and then smiles wide for her to see the rows of crooked fangs. “I want to taste more of you,” he admits with a snicker before lifting his head to watch the others approach. Still, he does not release the furious Brazen. He is greedy with his playthings.

The queen’s outline is relatively normal, but her ears are small and not in the way his are. He fixates on them as she speaks. A quiet clicking is drawn from his throat but he forgets his hunting partners are not with him. They are often unimpressed by the things he is drawn to but they at least answer in kind.

Burn some now, burn some later. All is ash in the end,” he replies with that same delighted expression as he taps a hindtalon against the rock armor that Brazen bears.

He opens his jaws to speak more but another figure deigns to join them. This one is perfectly ordinary, and Ghaul hardly seem to notice her arrival as he turns back to Neverwhere. A rumbling makes his ears swivel forward abruptly and he responds with a quick flap of his large wings, plucking Brazen from the ground as he soars upward into the flaming canopy. He watches as stone erupts from the ground to form a small cage and he roars with laughter at the attempt to cage him like a common bird.

Trap me with your friend? I would do terrible things to her body in there,” he calls over the fire and falling branches before licking his teeth. But in truth, he rather likes the woman angry enough to challenge him head on, and so he slows his wing beats until he can release her gently on the ground. With one more flap of his wings, he lands beside her with a light thud, now watching Eurwen more closely. “I am Ghaul, heir to Anaxarete. I want to eat you slowly.

So far, they have confirmed his beliefs of the north – an unorganized pack, insistent on muzzling him. Only Brine had seemed to differ from their status quo and he almost wishes he had released her so she might keep him company here. He snorts softly in disappointment before bringing his gaze back to Brazen.

You would do well in Pangea. I hope you’ll visit when the year is over.
    @[lilliana] @[Brazen]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the north, the north, the north is on fire. - by ghaul - 02-23-2020, 05:27 PM