• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

You know I'm a wild sea // Alcinder
    It had been the wrong question. He knew it as soon as it left his lips, but there was no returning the words once they flew. Al seemed a dimmer version of his usual self, the bold light shuttered by the events that had hit his family so recently. While the sea born colt didn't understand all of what had been happening, he knew it was a lot. He'd be sad too if his own family was so scattered. 

Al said things were ok, but it seemed like sort of thing people said when they didn't know what else to say. Like the right words didn't exist, so you just went with "okay". The finned boy blinked a few times, not sure what to do with the heaviness that hung over them. It was good then, that his friend took matters into his own power. 

The hug was a warm thing, and Cormorant let himself soak up the sensation. His own family had never been shy about their affections either, and at this point Al seemed like another brother. "I'm glad you're back too." He said after a moment, bare muzzle pressed into the lengthening strands of Al's mane. 

He'd been lucky, it seemed. His trip had been an adventure. His winged friend's abduction had been a political move. The rapid taking of his mother was another one. Cormorant had been struggling with the why's of the situation. He was an islander, his mother had worked that they would stay outside the clashes of kings and princes that his friend was so ensnarled in. It was a frightening revelation that he was coming into. 

As frightening as it was to him, though, it was Alcinder who was living it. 

"I think... I think mom wants to go home soon," he mumbled, pulling away a little. Maybe "want" had been the wrong word. They'd been gone much longer than she'd meant them to be, though she'd been been patient about it. Still, he'd noticed her looking west more and more often, worry creasing her brow. She was caught, as they all were, between friendship and duty.

@[Alcinder]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: You know I'm a wild sea // Alcinder - by Cormorant - 02-26-2020, 03:19 PM