• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[PQ - in progress] shadows and smoke

l i v i n i a.

The trip up the mountain should have exhausted one so young. It should have left her dripping sweat and struggling to draw breath in the thinner air.  It should have been insurmountable.

But it wasn’t.

Livinia felt nothing. This was normal for the child. The child who had been born but did not live.  It was unsurprising, given who her parents were.  Her mother seemed unsurprised that food provided no nourishment to the child, and had challenged her to discover what it was that she needed.

So she had experimented, equal parts out of necessity and desperation.  But she’d prevailed. She’d discovered what it was that sated her.  It was blood that breathed life into her bones. Not mother’s milk or the hearty grasses found in Pangea.
    Blood.

It had been a clumsy affair, this discovery. Equine teeth were not meant for hunting. She’d unintentionally mutilated the creature who had given its life to fuel her own.  She knew there had to be a better way - a better alternative. So she had come to the mountain to ask.

“Hello? Is someone there?” she asked, quietly, uncertainly.

such is life, such is death.

@[Officials] 
    Livinia would like to quest for fangs so she can eat more easily.
    All hail the Queen of the Boards.
    The fairy doesn’t bother to come, but the wind stills around the child that is not really a child at all. She is something other, something else, something that doesn’t quite belong in this world. Wysteria’s voice comes, though. ”We are always here, though we prefer when you tell us what you seek.” She hates when they waste her time, coming with a hello. She’d rather watch them talk into the void, wondering if any of the fairies were listening. ”No matter, I know what you seek.”

Magic envelopes the child, purple and glittering, so absolutely wrong for what it is. When the magic dissipates, there is a lion where the child used to be. ”Live as a predator. Come back to me once you have learned what it is like, and you are sure this is something you want.”

Livinia has rolled a 4 and will receive a quest. Livinia will only be able to post as a lion for the next 2 RL weeks. You must have at least 2 threads in that time (or longer, if needed) interacting with others as a lion only (you may talk, but will generally have the instincts of a predator). Come back with what you have learned.

Any posts started prior to this can be completed as a horse. Any new threads must be in lion form until this quest has been turned in or forfeited.
    Please tag in replies

l i v i n i a.

The trip up the mountain was familiar.  Like before, the fatigue does not pull at her bones. The trip is not taxing.  It simply is.  Only this time there is no reservation in her steps.  The first time she had come here, she had not known what to expect.  But now? Now she returns with far more knowledge than before, and that fuels her to climb even more quickly. 

She thinks she understands now why the Fairy had given her this task.  It had taken her this long – but she finally understands.  Perhaps she was too young to understand at first. She was too wrapped up in the enjoyment of it all that it took her awhile to fall into the struggle.  But she had struggled.  And she had conquered.

So now, she climbed.
    Climbed until she reached the place where she had first encountered the Fairy. And unlike the first time, she didn’t wait for the Fairy to arrive before speaking.

“I’ve learned so much.  This body it tricked me into feeling like I was alive. It was so, so easy to be consumed by the bloodlust.”  She drops her crimson gaze to the earth,  for she still feels some shame in not anticipating this – for not controlling it better. ”But I learned. I learned how to control it – with help.”  She has Beyza and Jamie to thank for that.

”It is still something I want, but I understand the cost. I understand that why I may not live– life is still precious to others.” She finishes. 

And then she waits.

such is life, such is death.

Man remember that time i started a quest and then took a major hiatus because of COVID and Surgery and it took me 900 years to complete it? 
    Me too. Meeeeeeee toooooo. 

Threads: 
    https://beqanna.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=27460
    https://beqanna.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=26339

@[Wysteria Fairy]
    Wysteria does not come, but her magic does. The glittering purple tendrils creep over the young mare's body, converging around her nose and mouth and producing the small thing the mare had asked for. A small thing as far as magic goes, anyway, but not a small thing in the price others might pay. But the mare had learned that cost for others, and so, she had earned the reward.

You have received fangs. Please post in updates Smile
    Please tag in replies