• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

My heart was a compass; Lilliana
    Scowling is much more common on her dappled friend - on the Nerinian queen - than it is Lilliana.

Even with the chill of the North nipping at her sleek copper coat and the rounding of Autumn bringing more changes to her world, Lilli still hasn’t managed to scowl or  glower as impressive as her friend does (though she has frowned a time or two - especially after the arrival of Ghaul.) And had she known what Leilan had been up to in the Redwoods, she might not have scowled rather than purse her dark lips together.

Or perhaps she might have admired the frost, able to appreciate it before winter descended on Beqanna in all its frozen and frigid glory.

In one of the last warm days of Autumn in the north, when Lilli can still find an open space of land and the sun can warm her crimson hide, the slender mare finds a moment to herself. There are still things weighing heavily on her mind - where Brine has gone, how she can best protect Ruth and though she hasn’t been in her forest home much, she hasn’t seen Aten recently (though when has Lilliana last been home?) and his absence adds to her list of growing worries.

There are also the other worries - what are they to do with Ghaul? Is there any plan to reclaim Jesper from Loess? Has there been any word from Brennen?

The chestnut mare shifts her weight as if that might ease some of the thoughts clouding her mind. She keeps her eyes closed and tries to find a moment of rest, a moment when she isn’t dreaming of fire or memories. When the ghosts of her past aren’t trying to clamor their way into her future. A futile attempt it seems, especially when there are enough thoughts to haunt her present. Her blue eyes open and Lilliana shakes her head, trying to remove her forelock from completely obscuring her view of the moorlands.

An ear flicks towards the cadence of someone approaching, a two-beat gait that makes her turn her head to the sound of the approacher. The sight of the roan stallion chases the last of her fatigue and Lilli’s expression warms as he comes closer, a dimple forming from her lopsided smile. "I can’t believe they let you in,” she calls to him in an alto whicker. Perhaps, she thinks as the smile turns wry, he has met Neverwhere already.

That thought makes the grin broaden.

”How has the Isle been?”

@[Leilan]
    but it's all in the past, love
    it's all gone with the wind

Messages In This Thread
    My heart was a compass; Lilliana - by Leilan - 02-23-2020, 05:48 AM
    RE: My heart was a compass; Lilliana - by lilliana - 02-26-2020, 08:45 PM
    RE: My heart was a compass; Lilliana - by Leilan - 02-29-2020, 05:21 PM
    RE: My heart was a compass; Lilliana - by Leilan - 03-11-2020, 12:23 PM
    RE: My heart was a compass; Lilliana - by Leilan - 03-29-2020, 07:25 AM