• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

My heart was a compass; Lilliana
    We got older and I should have known
    that I’d feel colder when I walk alone
    There are much, much less things in Leilan’s life to worry about than the chestnut mare currently does, and if he knew about it he would be insanely grateful and relieved. Nevertheless he does worry - he checks on the Isle often, and the last few times he visited, he had not seen Jesper around.

In fact the last time must have been when he’d asked him to explain how to shift to Beryl - the only other one to keep him worried, really. She had in fact inspired him to look around for potential other homes - her first year had been so hard out there; little shelter and even littler food had forced her into a survival mode, kept her in her young-lioness shape longer than she perhaps would have been, had they lived anywhere else. Had it been selfish of him not to abandon his quest then? Hmm. Well, there had been others who needed his help, so probably not. Just inconvenient.

She had however, grown into a strong young lady - the sturdy kind as Icicles were made. Leilan sometimes wonders what happened to the others - Camomila was around to raise her daughter, but not much else; sometimes canines could be smelled on the Isle as well, but apart from those… truthfully there were quite a lot of shifters among Icicle Isle’s residents, he noted. Starting with Jesper and Ardashir themselves, he wonders who else went by unnoticed, in their other forms.

Nevertheless, he had decided that it was home more than any of the other places he had visited. Hyaline had offered him mountaintops, but now that Kensa wasn’t around any more, he honestly hadn’t felt like honoring anybody with his loyalty as a resident of pretty much any land. Icicle Isle would be it, then - sister territory to Taiga for as long as that held true, and that under Nerine.

Ah, Nerine. But he wonders if the glory days are over - as much as he wonders how long Loess will be a stronghold. And, subsequently, how many horses and kingdoms he will survive.

Thankfully, the ice-scaled roan knows how to live in the moment; giving the Taigan mists a taste of winter was one thing, though most times he found some quieter way to spend his time.

Lilliana gives him a sharp comment that makes the roan laugh when he approaches her, and shakes his head. ”I have some anciennity over the newest queen.” he grins, stopping near the mare just as she seems to think if something funny. He tilts his head wondering what it is, but she asks him a question that cannot forgo a little pun of his own. ”A little ice-solated, as usual.” he says it in a tone that says you know how it is, though he knows that the Isle had been a bit too far north even for Lilliana, eo far. ”If you’re interested though, you should visit. It’s been quiet and free of political struggles and dragons claiming it, so far.” After all, wasn’t the fact that the freezing cold air and crisp snow waylaid many travellers, the reason that he loved it so much?
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire

@[lilliana] ^^
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    My heart was a compass; Lilliana - by Leilan - 02-23-2020, 05:48 AM
    RE: My heart was a compass; Lilliana - by Leilan - 02-29-2020, 05:21 PM
    RE: My heart was a compass; Lilliana - by Leilan - 03-11-2020, 12:23 PM
    RE: My heart was a compass; Lilliana - by Leilan - 03-29-2020, 07:25 AM