• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

My heart was a compass; Lilliana
    You’re uncontrollable
    and we are unlovable
    It seems Lilliana hasn’t kept up with what was happening in the other Nerinian territory at all, and it makes the roan chuckle a bit. ”Yeah, adopted though. I guess my stubbornness rubbed off on her anyway.” he tilts her head a little, thinking of her. Either that or one of her parents had it in them just as much as Beryl herself, he thinks. She might as well be his, with how much he cared for her - if one could imagine he had mated with a palomino lion-shifting mare who also wielded the darkness. Because she got all that from someone else, besides being stubborn.

Nah. His real daughters are even worse. He’s about to comment on something of the like when the red mare admits that she would miss him in the North, earning her a good laugh in return. ”There’s others that might think differently, I bet.” But it’s not his problem. He belongs on that Isle, no matter what anyone thinks - the topic slides off him as he shrugs it off, not bothered by this idea.

No, it’s something else that unsettles him - and the soft repeating of ‘wife?’ isn’t very helpful. It’s carefully spoken, wanting to know more but knowing it is a tender subject. He shakes his head at Lilli in the moment though. Basically saying ‘no, I don’t want to talk about it’. A way of brushing off a topic that was merely brushed accidentally, something buried too deep to uncover right away. Maybe later. Maybe not. Who’s to say if Lilli will catch him in a moment when he can open up?

However, the new topic is safe enough, though still tender. He smiles ruefully. ”I have had enough children, but I’ll never forget my first. I think I smothered her with my fears for her safety though… so, no, it doesn’t go away. In fact, it needs you to constantly remind yourself that they are their own people and can take care of themselves, or you’ll do something stupid and they’ll never forgive you.” He shakes his head. ”I’m glad that some of them take after their mothers at least - Wen seems to do well.” He offers as an afterthought, or maybe even an example. See, it can go well. But it can go horribly wrong too, he knows, as he remembers Chryseis’ running away with her boyfriend, as barely adults. He shakes his head.

Even now, the fear of losing her forever, never goes away. But he knows better than to act on it like he once did.

and I don’t want you to think that I care
    I never would, I never
    could again
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire

@[lilliana]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    My heart was a compass; Lilliana - by Leilan - 02-23-2020, 05:48 AM
    RE: My heart was a compass; Lilliana - by Leilan - 02-29-2020, 05:21 PM
    RE: My heart was a compass; Lilliana - by Leilan - 03-11-2020, 12:23 PM
    RE: My heart was a compass; Lilliana - by Leilan - 03-29-2020, 07:25 AM