• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    Any and all;

Leilan
    a dragon who couldn't be hurt on the outside
    could have so many ragged holes inside
    Black, scorned earth covers the surface of the Isle, but the dragon soaring above it hardly notices. Ice follows where he passes, and the Isle is slowly getting covered in mist and steam when ice and fire collide. Steam rises and heat signals are found where somehow, someone has found shelter, or a way to dive into the sea, or perhaps, there is a tiny chance, perhaps someone found one his ice shelters still standing. And perhaps that gave them a shower when it melted, either hot or cold, but it might perhaps have saved them.

Once.

That trick won’t last a second time without reinforcements, and the silver-and-red dragon doesn’t take long to cover the world in anything that will help cool down. It’s like freezing lava streams though - soon, none on the surface may see where they're going.

It’s the sky that everyone looks to, anyway.

Leilan stops his repairing actions as soon as movement catches his attention; onward to the north he goes, to his home of not so long ago - the place melted down, because the tree and the heart-shaped lake may be fire resistant, a fire still roars there. The tree does look weird - blue flames erupt from it, though the tree itself (ah, but it had always been dead) doesn’t burn. The water in the pond does not evaporate; now, he understands why it never melted. It is a hot spring, or close to a hot spring source anyway.

Where fire got deeper into the earth, craters fill with steam - melted snow and ice on fire, erupt as geysers every now and then. The land will be reshaped, he notes...

An angry bellow follows - a challenge not unlike the one the fire dragon had outed. If this wasn’t Castile he might have instantly went for him - but it can’t be anyone else. He’d admitted he couldn’t shift back as part of a fairy’s doing not too long ago, and Ruinam certainly isn’t black - and unable to change color, a feature that the Loessian does have.

As he nears, he sees the other from the distance at which dragons see enough - the gold marks too, indicate his… former? friend. He wings upwards, readying tooth, claw and ice - and spots the shadowy figure of his lion-daughter.

”CARNAGEFUCKINGDAMNIT BERYL! GET OUT OF THERE!”

Now, IF the other hadn’t noticed him yet, now he certainly will. Beneath them, ice and fire change the snowy tundra in a much greyer land, hot geysers erupting from formerly frozen creaks in the land with no real pattern to be found, and life has all but died.

The fucking idiot hadn’t even left him something for breakfast.

HTML Picture is not exactly what he looks like but close enough for now

OOC notes;
    *tries to save some of the people/residents/visitors that aren’t fireproof by countering blazing fire with dragon ice to create “safe spots”. This creates steam all over and the Isle is shrouded in mist, yay. For all I care it lingers forever ^^
    *I gave the tree and pond a little update - they will last because magic (like Aeris posted already) and also I had Leilan give it a little ice boost so now it’s blue flame surrounding a dead tree. I imagine the flames can be cold and magic and may be ever-burning because there can easily be an oil or gas pocket beneath this Isle.
    *I just figured the pond is now a hot spring, very good for soaking your old bones if you can handle the current flames surrounding it xD This can last or fade by officer’s discretion
    *I imagine this is going to be the (misty) BQ version of RL Iceland from now on? So I made up cracks and random geysers (maybe less random once the dragonfire is done raging past). I hope that’s okay with everyone/officers? I kinda liked the idea of granite with random-people-attacking cracks
    *attempts to give Castile a cooldown but sees Beryl just in time and curses her instead
    *not amused by the idiot who killed off all the prey
    *Unicicled Isle probably smells really badly of sulfur by now, if you want to include such things
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    Any and all; - by Castile - 02-26-2020, 12:56 PM
    RE: Any and all; - by Beryl - 02-26-2020, 02:47 PM
    RE: Any and all; - by Djinni - 02-26-2020, 02:55 PM
    RE: Any and all; - by Leilan - 02-26-2020, 05:07 PM
    RE: Any and all; - by Ardashir - 02-26-2020, 07:52 PM
    RE: Any and all; - by Ruinam - 02-27-2020, 01:13 AM
    RE: Any and all; - by Popinjay - 02-28-2020, 09:49 AM
    RE: Any and all; - by Eurwen - 03-04-2020, 10:44 AM
    RE: Any and all; - by Castile - 03-04-2020, 10:57 AM
    RE: Any and all; - by Jesla - 03-04-2020, 11:04 PM