• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  positively glowing

An appraising look follows the mare that descends nearby from a perch of earth. That’s a handy talent, surely, but instead of commenting on that, black eyes roll at the slight admonishment for Fiorina’s threat to her unborn child. Without a witty response, Fiorina does not reply at all - she’s not willing to be chased away before she finds out where she is, and she assumes that telling this soft mare she was absolutely serious and had no qualms about punishing an infant will not be taken well.

She finds a smile though, and it brightens a little further at the sight of a familiar face - Lilliana. It is good to see the chestnut mare alive and well, and without a tentacle wrapped around a single part of her. She grins wickedly at the comment about walruses though she finds it distressing to think that she will become as big as one, which is what she’s thinking about right now. She would have to waddle everywhere since the spines of her armour do not permit rolling.

The next mare to arrive is without the curse the other three mares share, Fio thinks, and sporting rather cool bone armour. Now that’s a look she can get behind! At the question confirming the state of the rest of them, Fio rolls her eyes again - though good naturedly. “I know, isn’t it disgusting?”

As soon as the word is out, she realizes it might be insulting to the others, so she looks over to Lilliana and the spotted one. “Not for you guys, I’m sure.” Fiorina attempts some grace, but she’s clearly not good at it as she gives a shrug of an armoured shoulder while attempting to not overly offend the other whale-sized horses in her company. “There’s every chance my little crotch goblin here is going to chew its way out of me so I’m less than thrilled about my current situation.”

She already knew it was going to be a violent birth, certainly something made of nightmares. Still, she keeps talking - another smile forming. “First part was fun though, right?” And here she winks at Lilliana and the first mare who arrived.

What a great first impression she was making.

“I’m Fiorina, by the way.” She mentions to the two mares she does not know before her black eyes slide to Lilliana. Her next question is one born of simple curiosity - though it’s stated bluntly, because Fiorina does not know how to speak without an edge to her voice. If only she had eye-brows so one could quirk up. “How’s our friend with the tentacles?” Tact, or the lack of it, was something she had in common with Brazen. No point in pretending otherwise.

FIORINA

art by dozymare

@[Eurwen]

Messages In This Thread
    positively glowing - by Fiorina - 02-27-2020, 06:13 PM
    RE: positively glowing - by Eurwen - 02-28-2020, 08:03 AM
    RE: positively glowing - by Neverwhere - 02-28-2020, 08:15 AM
    RE: positively glowing - by lilliana - 02-29-2020, 08:49 PM
    RE: positively glowing - by Brazen - 03-03-2020, 12:29 PM
    RE: positively glowing - by Fiorina - 03-03-2020, 05:31 PM
    RE: positively glowing - by Eurwen - 03-04-2020, 02:14 AM
    RE: positively glowing - by lilliana - 03-06-2020, 10:30 PM