• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  positively glowing
    SO GIVE ME HOPE IN THE DARKNESS THAT I WILL SEE THE LIGHT
    'CAUSE OH THAT GAVE ME SUCH A FRIGHT
    He’s not sure what he was thinking. Some memory, perhaps, of how miserably his mate had seemed when he carried the twins or perhaps a moment of disorientation when they had made love, but at some point along the way Brennen had agreed to carry his and Nihlus’ next child, and even as he has grown round and miserable he hasn’t been willing to go back on that promise. Magic could do a great many things, and he had considered not a few times popping their unborn daughter into some sort of magic uterus and leaving her tucked away someplace safe, but in the back of his mind he knows Nihlus would never let him live down being unable to carry one foal to birth when his mate had carried the twins.

So he lumbers on. Thankfully, he doesn’t really have to walk very far, or even fly very far; Brennen simply is on his island with Nihlus and the twins, and the next he’s back in Nerine with the vague feeling that he’s been neglecting something important. They had not summoned him, so in theory Nerine had been taking care of itself just fine, but since he had re-pledged himself to serve the Kingdom he supposes he should be around to serve it at least occasionally. Or at least, to help after he isn’t this way any more.

This way. Pregnant. It’s weird. He’s definitely not doing it again. Next time either Nihlus can carry the child again, or Brennen’s laying an egg of some sort.

There are voices not far from his teleport site, and the bay stallion meanders curiously in their direction (he refuses to admit that with the way late pregnancy sits on his slim arab frame, it’s more like waddling) with curious bright eyes. They’re talking about being pregnant, after all, so maybe it’s fair for him to join the party? He recognizes several of them, giving a friendly nod, but his eyes linger on the black stranger for a moment. Certainly not one he’s seen before, but in the end he offers her a friendly enough smile too, before turning a little smirk on Brazen. “Wolfbane certainly wasn’t the water I was drinking,” he drawls. “Not that he’s not interestingly handsome, but he’s a little young for me.”

Some would argue that Nihlus was young for him also, but then again most of Beqanna doesn’t know who Brennen’s current paramour is, and he doesn’t plan to enlighten them. Anonymity is a form of safety for his boy, in times like these. He considers another quip or pregnancy joke, but decides to err on the side of caution and await their response. There is a chance that they won’t be at all interested in a man in their current social circle, regardless of whether he’s as pregnant as they are.

BUT I WILL HOLD AS LONG AS YOU LIKE
    JUST PROMISE ME WE'LL BE ALRIGHT
    Brennen

uh....oops?

Messages In This Thread
    positively glowing - by Fiorina - 02-27-2020, 06:13 PM
    RE: positively glowing - by Eurwen - 02-28-2020, 08:03 AM
    RE: positively glowing - by Neverwhere - 02-28-2020, 08:15 AM
    RE: positively glowing - by lilliana - 02-29-2020, 08:49 PM
    RE: positively glowing - by Brazen - 03-03-2020, 12:29 PM
    RE: positively glowing - by Fiorina - 03-03-2020, 05:31 PM
    RE: positively glowing - by Eurwen - 03-04-2020, 02:14 AM