• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  ive never fallen from quite this high | aegean
    and since you’re the only one that matters,----------------
    ----------------tell me: who do i run to?

Each word sounds like poetry, the gentle cadence of Aegean’s voice melodious and soothing.

“Don’t be silly,” Pteron breathes against Aegean’s check, knowing that the other can feel the way the smile moves his face. “We couldn’t spend forever here. It’s the Forest, not a proper home.” Aegean is wanderer, Pteron knows, but surely he must feel same tug, that same draw toward a place to call Home. “I will find you a proper home, and give you the softest feathers.” He accentuates each of these promises with a soft touch, first at the base of Aegean’s throat, then the sleek muscle of his shoulder. “I will find some of the sweet-smelling herbs,” is said as he traces the rise of the other’s hip, “and build you the finest nest.”

These promises of domesticity had been meant sweetly, but as Pteron kisses his way down Aegean’s glowing sides, there is something less gentle unfurling inside him. A flower blooming, perhaps, but blooming quickly.

“I still fear I might break you if I move too quickly, that you’ll shatter like the reflection of the moon in a pond if I reach too far.” Pteron admits, his breath catching in his throat as he steadies his breathing. “But I have missed you. I have missed you every day, and I mean to show you exactly how much.”

FADE TO BLACK

-- pteron --

@[aegean]