• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Anyone;

Sabra

It stings, the way he can still hurt me. It's been years, lifetimes, and I had hoped by now I'd become immune to the past. What else have I got though? Yesterday and today is all I have, absolutely nothing else guaranteed. 

So why not let him tug at the heart of me. That organ has taken more damage than most over the years, twice impaled, and broken many times over that. What's a bit more roughing up, at this point? That doesn't stop my eyes from squeezing shut when he nears, though. I feel the hot weight of his breath on my breast,and then... nothing. I blink up at him as he retreats, relief and disappointment dueling within me. 

I smiled half-heartedly at him. "Yeah. You're probably right. Oh well." One winged shoulder lifted in a shrug. The blood continued to seep, a thin, trickling flow that drips audibly in the silence. I gaze at him curiously, the glimmer of light that brightens his eyes, the scaly toughness of his hide that holds what I know to be a deeply emotive soul inside. That was the issue, wasn't it? Two bullheaded souls who too often found themselves feeling strongly, but differently, about things. 

I see myself differently these days. Less queen, more competent. Less trusting, more wary. Still wounded, but time... I can only hope time will heal me. The curls of smoke that drift from his muzzle remind me of the old days, when his temper was precluded by the stoking of his fires. Have I touched on a sensitive thought? I am not so changed that the idea of returning the barb of memory doesn't make me feel just a touch better.

I nod at him, guessing at his thoughts but knowing I'm likely nowhere close. My wings resettle at my sides, dancing little shivers that set downy scraps of feather spinning to the ground. "I'm only recently back, actually." I comment, as if I'd returned from a holiday journey, and not the land of the dead. "I think I'll be taking you up on your offer after all. I've borne two children for you. Does that still entitle me to a place in your home?" I ask, meeting his gaze steadily. I'm worn, and need a place to recover. I smile up at him lightly, the exhaustion fading from my face as I do.

I wanna be Immortal, like a God in the sky

I wanna be a silk flower, like I'm never gonna die

Photo by Kareva Margarita

@[Castile]

Messages In This Thread
    Anyone; - by Castile - 03-05-2020, 10:17 AM
    RE: Anyone; - by Sabra - 03-05-2020, 01:11 PM
    RE: Anyone; - by Castile - 03-05-2020, 02:24 PM
    RE: Anyone; - by Sabra - 03-05-2020, 03:46 PM
    RE: Anyone; - by Castile - 03-05-2020, 04:49 PM
    RE: Anyone; - by Sabra - 03-05-2020, 08:28 PM
    RE: Anyone; - by Castile - 03-06-2020, 10:01 AM