• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Anyone;

Sabra

How strange it is to not be at each other's throat. To stand and talk without bitterness. It reminds me of our early days, when we were soft and tender, and fought beside and not against each other. Our fire had been the hearth of home before it tried to destroy us, and the memory of warmth lies beneath the years of burning. I miss feeling warm. 

The memory though, I have the memory. The good, sunshine days before darkness dogged my mind. I'd been hopeful then that my dreams of home and family might defy the odds. I've learned better since then. He, among others, taught me. 

I think perhaps I've finally learned to separate the memories from the man. I think also that he has learned something of his own since we parted last. I'd like to think so. Oh, but hasn't that always been my problem? Trying to see the best in him, the good of a beast that never asked for or wanted my forgiveness. Until I was made to realize that there are some things beyond forgiving. 

I don't forgive and I don't forget, but I might be able to move on. I let my lips soften again, my eyes guarded still. "Yeah- yes. You will." I hesitate, but I figure he might as well have some idea as to when I'll arrive. "I'm going to go the long way though, I can't... I'm not strong enough to fly that far. I'll be walking." The admition is a hard one. I know how much he despises the weakness I carry. 

It is what it is, though, and the reality is that after more than a year of inaction, my muscles are thin. It's not such a bad thing though. I can reacquaint myself with the world, and prepare myself to live among society once more. To learn how to navigate with a shaft of wood in my breast without embarrassing myself. My head shakes ruefully at the thought. Definitely a thing I'd want to perfect before I arrived. 

My hooves shuffle against the sandy riverbank awkwardly. What is there left to say? He looks as though he's waiting for something, and I don't know if I'm forgetting some bit of etiquette or courtesy before we part. "So... I'll be off then." I say, tail flicking against the long grass. "I'll see you soon. Be... safe, I guess." I half-grin, nodding to the raking wounds on his tail. Better not to ask how he got them. I know I'd regret the answer.

I wanna be Immortal, like a God in the sky

I wanna be a silk flower, like I'm never gonna die

Photo by Kareva Margarita

@[Castile]

Messages In This Thread
    Anyone; - by Castile - 03-05-2020, 10:17 AM
    RE: Anyone; - by Sabra - 03-05-2020, 01:11 PM
    RE: Anyone; - by Castile - 03-05-2020, 02:24 PM
    RE: Anyone; - by Sabra - 03-05-2020, 03:46 PM
    RE: Anyone; - by Castile - 03-05-2020, 04:49 PM
    RE: Anyone; - by Sabra - 03-05-2020, 08:28 PM
    RE: Anyone; - by Castile - 03-06-2020, 10:01 AM