• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  mortal, faultless flesh; any
    if he threatens you with battle,
    you raise him a whole war.

She finds his answer to be curious, and she tilts her head and regards him with something like surprise. “I like the dark, but I’m not sure if I like closed spaces.” She looks around, taking in the towering trees and the pressing darkness, but again she is drawn to the path that would lead them back to the light. “I suppose I don’t mind, when I know there is a way out.” She had grown up with no borders and no restrictions, with nothing, really, tying her to any one place. She had her family that was anchored in Tephra, and maybe she was foolishly comfortable with the idea of being able to travel as far as she wanted and still having a home to return to.

She doesn’t really know what a closed space is, she realizes.

“Druid,” his name incites a feeling of magic, and she wonders what kind he might have. She does not realize that she has been blessed with more gifts than most – that she is brimming with nearly everything her parents could have possibly given her, from the opal of her hooves to being able to shift into a different animal entirely, and all sorts of things in between. “My name is Rosine.”

Having not had much interaction with anyone outside of her immediate family, she realizes that everything about this man is a mystery. It wasn’t often that she made an effort to actually speak with anyone, to learn their story, or if they would even share it. She isn’t sure why this suddenly clicks into place for her now, that she stares at him and is suddenly drawn in by the idea of mystery, of unearthing whatever he might allow her to. “Where are you from? Were you born here?”

rosine.

Messages In This Thread
    mortal, faultless flesh; any - by Druid - 03-08-2020, 01:09 PM
    RE: mortal, faultless flesh; any - by Rosine - 03-08-2020, 02:44 PM
    RE: mortal, faultless flesh; any - by Druid - 03-08-2020, 07:50 PM
    RE: mortal, faultless flesh; any - by Rosine - 03-14-2020, 11:45 PM
    RE: mortal, faultless flesh; any - by Druid - 03-15-2020, 10:15 PM
    RE: mortal, faultless flesh; any - by Rosine - 03-23-2020, 03:23 AM
    RE: mortal, faultless flesh; any - by Druid - 03-27-2020, 03:08 PM
    RE: mortal, faultless flesh; any - by Rosine - 04-13-2020, 12:51 AM
    RE: mortal, faultless flesh; any - by Druid - 04-14-2020, 01:44 PM
    RE: mortal, faultless flesh; any - by Rosine - 05-03-2020, 04:59 PM