• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  mortal, faultless flesh; any
    if he threatens you with battle,
    you raise him a whole war.

She likes him, she realizes, and maybe that surprises her. It wasn’t that she typically disliked everyone, because that was certainly not the truth. But it wasn’t often that she stayed long enough to truly gauge whether someone was worth liking or not. She was, in a sense,  a perfect combination of her parents. Had it not been for Wonder’s gentleness and kindness, and the exuberance of her siblings, Rosine likely would have been as naturally calloused as her father could be. But her mother softened all the hard parts of her father that existed inside of her, and instead she was simply guarded – reserved. She preferred to watch rather than to partake, preferred to listen rather than speak, not so entirely unlike Nightlock.

How strange, she thinks, to find a companion out here in the wilderness.
    Or, maybe it was not strange at all.
    Maybe it made perfect sense that the lone wolf in the woods would find someone that loved the dark and the forest just as much as she did.

“There are a lot of forests in Beqanna,” she reasons, unsure if he means he had been born on the outside, or just in a forest different than this one. “But this one is my favorite. Because it doesn’t belong to anyone except the wild.” She has seen most of the others; the redwoods of Taiga and the eternal autumn of Sylva, and of course the jungle-like trees of Tephra. For some reason the deep dark of this forest is what always called her back.

“I was born in Tephra, and my family still lives there.” She pauses for a moment, as though she is debating on whether or not to finish her thought. Her turquoise eyes seek out his, and the small smile that lifts at one corner of her lips is almost sad. “But it isn’t home.” She has never said that out loud; has never verbalized that her birthplace didn’t speak to her like she thought it should. “So I guess I don’t have a home, really. I’m still looking for it.”

rosine.

Messages In This Thread
    mortal, faultless flesh; any - by Druid - 03-08-2020, 01:09 PM
    RE: mortal, faultless flesh; any - by Rosine - 03-08-2020, 02:44 PM
    RE: mortal, faultless flesh; any - by Druid - 03-08-2020, 07:50 PM
    RE: mortal, faultless flesh; any - by Rosine - 03-14-2020, 11:45 PM
    RE: mortal, faultless flesh; any - by Druid - 03-15-2020, 10:15 PM
    RE: mortal, faultless flesh; any - by Rosine - 03-23-2020, 03:23 AM
    RE: mortal, faultless flesh; any - by Druid - 03-27-2020, 03:08 PM
    RE: mortal, faultless flesh; any - by Rosine - 04-13-2020, 12:51 AM
    RE: mortal, faultless flesh; any - by Druid - 04-14-2020, 01:44 PM
    RE: mortal, faultless flesh; any - by Rosine - 05-03-2020, 04:59 PM