• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  mortal, faultless flesh; any
    if he threatens you with battle,
    you raise him a whole war.

She finds herself smiling at what he says, but it is a smile tinged with sadness. Her glow seems to dim, and it shadows the quiet confidence in her bright-colored eyes when she confesses, “I don’t think I know who I am, either.”

She was the first born of the quadruplets – her, two brothers, and a sister. From the moment she had been born it had been hard to shake the feeling that she was simply part of a set. It was nothing wrong her parents had done, of course. Nightlock and Wonder were both loving and attentive parents (in their separate ways). In a land where darkness often twisted through every bit of light it could find, her upbringing was a rarity. She didn’t have an excuse to feel the way that she did. She already knows this, and it makes her feel guilty, knowing that her parents and her siblings would be hurt and confused at the idea that she felt like she didn’t belong.

“I’m sure it will all come together someday,” she finally says hastily, an indicator that she was not searching for pity and also did not want to linger on the topic any longer. Thankfully, he redirects the conversation, and she tilts her head for a moment in consideration. Her conversations did not usually make it this far, and did not know how to handle the idea that someone actually seemed interested in her staying. She can feel her skin begin to itch with the urge to shift back into her wolf form and disappear into the depths of the forests, but she looks again to his face again, and she nods with a slim smile, “I do. Can you show me?”

With her wings tucked into her sides she positions herself alongside of him as they walk, and stealing a sideways glance from beneath her flower-tangled forelock she says, “Thanks for talking to me. I don’t usually talk much, so...I’m not very good at it.”

rosine.

Messages In This Thread
    mortal, faultless flesh; any - by Druid - 03-08-2020, 01:09 PM
    RE: mortal, faultless flesh; any - by Rosine - 03-08-2020, 02:44 PM
    RE: mortal, faultless flesh; any - by Druid - 03-08-2020, 07:50 PM
    RE: mortal, faultless flesh; any - by Rosine - 03-14-2020, 11:45 PM
    RE: mortal, faultless flesh; any - by Druid - 03-15-2020, 10:15 PM
    RE: mortal, faultless flesh; any - by Rosine - 03-23-2020, 03:23 AM
    RE: mortal, faultless flesh; any - by Druid - 03-27-2020, 03:08 PM
    RE: mortal, faultless flesh; any - by Rosine - 04-13-2020, 12:51 AM
    RE: mortal, faultless flesh; any - by Druid - 04-14-2020, 01:44 PM
    RE: mortal, faultless flesh; any - by Rosine - 05-03-2020, 04:59 PM