• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

a monster waddles in; Ruthless

Fio rolls her eyes at the less-than greeting she receives from Ruthless, but there’s a crack of a smile all the same. “An accident, I assure you.” Not that the making of the little gremlin was an accident, that had been very much intentional, but the swelling of her sides was certainly not the outcome she had hoped for. A few moments of bliss had been the extent of what Fiorina had wanted out of her encounter with the dappled stallion. She does not mention to young Ruthless that the father is someone they both know - the very same Larva that backed out of the fight with Wolfbane. Although Fiorina does hold that little act against him, she cannot deny that it had probably been the smartest move.

The little fledgling before her is harder than the last time they had seen each other, though she doesn’t suppose that’s surprising. It is definitely the hormones talking when Fio realizes she mourns a little for this change.

The biting words that come from her are not hard to translate, and Fio takes her time in answering. “I do.”
    There is no softness to the words, no blunting of their edges. Her voice, her entire self, is not made to be soft. Which is why her fondness for the girl before her is very, very inconvenient. Black, emotionless eyes watch Ruthless and the restless, twitchy anger that seems to be boiling out of her even as she turns at an itch.

When she continues to speak, her gaze does not flicker away - it remains focused on the girl before her, wanting to drink in every tick and reaction. “I don’t understand a lot of the subtleties of relationships and my weapons are what you can see plainly. I would have used them to continue to fight for you two that day out of the sheer joy of it - but Lilliana fought for us, for you with the weapon she held and it worked.”

And then, because she can’t decide whether she wants to ease the girl or help her jump off the ledge, Fiorina follows her response up with a question of her own. “Are you mad at her for it?”

FIORINA

art by dozymare

@[Ruthless]

Messages In This Thread
    a monster waddles in; Ruthless - by Fiorina - 03-09-2020, 03:44 PM
    RE: a monster waddles in; Ruthless - by Ruthless - 03-17-2020, 06:22 PM
    RE: a monster waddles in; Ruthless - by Fiorina - 03-17-2020, 07:45 PM
    RE: a monster waddles in; Ruthless - by Ruthless - 03-18-2020, 12:28 PM
    RE: a monster waddles in; Ruthless - by Fiorina - 04-30-2020, 06:08 PM