• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  black woods, decay, cold winds; any

The Chamber had always kept interesting company. Killdare, noble in his own rights, had a soft spot for the misunderstood, the unusual, at times even the wicked. Not only did he choose to harbor the darker, sort of unwanted elsewhere subjects, he made ties with the unlikely- and it all just sort of worked. Ivo still isn’t sure how, or even why, but in his defense he was just a child at the time- he is still just a child.

Someone. To. wipe. It. on

Ivo, without much thought to the action, recoiled from the statement. Even if it was icy snot, he didn’t want to become that washcloth, the cold wet against his shoulder...clinging to his hair. This Leilan guy, he’s just learned the other’s name, had a strange way of making jokes- he hoped it was a joke, surely it was.

“My name is Ivo,” the truth of that information, is some he hopes would not come back to bite him, perhaps giving his real name was a risk, perhaps not. It’s sorta hard to tell at the moment, seeing as he still isn’t sure why he had picked this place to return to, he found his way back home- it’s a strange feeling.

I will always find you…

Is he just another to follow in footsteps? Is it a terrible fate?

Ivo is no Killdare, he wouldn’t be able to fill his Father’s shoes, no matter how hard he might try.

There is doubt, it blankets his ocean eyes, they become distant and unsure.

“Nothing to know,” he shrugs, nonchalant, best not to say too much- it wouldn’t do either of them any good. It’s easy to allow the conversation to verge, to settle on geysers and  clean slates. It could be that he needed a new beginning, it’s not something he is ready to admit, stubborn and unruly as he is.

“Alright, I’ll see these exciting geysers of yours,” the words are disgruntled, as if he just could not bear to be asked again. That’s what was happening here, obviously, and if it wasn’t well- good luck convincing him otherwise.

“Just so you know, I’m coming because I want to, not because you asked,” he had terrible manners, it’s true- room for improvement, like I said.

ivo
    words:  tags: @[Leilan]  HTML by Call

Messages In This Thread
    black woods, decay, cold winds; any - by Ivo - 03-11-2020, 10:19 PM
    RE: black woods, decay, cold winds; any - by Ivo - 03-12-2020, 11:25 AM
    RE: black woods, decay, cold winds; any - by Ivo - 03-13-2020, 12:33 PM
    RE: black woods, decay, cold winds; any - by Ivo - 03-20-2020, 12:01 PM