• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  show me your darkness - anyone
    choke them on the ashes of the dreams they burned
    She’s small; even smaller than his little sisters had been at her age, and somewhere inside the cloak of shadow his heart twinges. He could see that she had been laughing. That she was all light and smiles, until her sweet eyes landed on him. He wonders if that is the reaction he will forever evoke; that he will simply drain the lightness and the joy from those that meet him.

It shouldn’t matter, he reasons. It’s not like he had anyone to lose.
    It doesn’t matter that from here on out he will never find someone to keep.

“Do I look sad?” His voice feels different, like wisps of shadows breathing from his tongue, and this is the first time he has spoken since he returned from that wretched place. He wonders if it will always be like this, or if someday he will get used to the smoke-like rasp of it. He doesn’t step towards her, but instead just watches her from a distance, ignoring the gnawing hunger in his gut. She doesn’t have what he needs, and he finds himself hoping that an innocent soul like hers never does. “I don’t think I’m sad. I don’t think I’m anything at all.”

The shadows of his lips pull into something similar to a smile, and though there is no warmth to the movement, he feels like maybe his smile had never had it to begin with. “My name is Torryn. What’s yours?”

Messages In This Thread
    show me your darkness - anyone - by Torryn - 03-18-2020, 01:47 AM
    RE: show me your darkness - anyone - by dear - 03-18-2020, 11:55 PM
    RE: show me your darkness - anyone - by Torryn - 05-03-2020, 04:55 PM
    RE: show me your darkness - anyone - by dear - 05-11-2020, 09:31 PM
    RE: show me your darkness - anyone - by Torryn - 05-24-2020, 02:31 AM