• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    Ice forged in Fire - Tox/Cael
    We got older and I should have known
    that I’d feel colder when I walk alone
    As the male rounds another corner, he sighs - the view hasn’t changed one bit.

One might say that Icicle Isle had always had just a single view - cold winds carrying ocean sprays or snow drifts, running over granite and sturdy grass, or in three out of four seasons, snow and ice - but these days it’s all grey and black and steam greeting him.

The forest to the west is burned to black, ashen stakes, providing very little in the name of shelter, and even less in the name of a landmark. The landmarks, where there were many similar ones, now are all gone and reduced to ash, or they are rocks. Rock-with-a-round-dent is only distinguished from rock-with-pointy-end and larger-rock-without-moss by the smallest details.

So Leilan finds his home is not very interesting to most, any more.

And yet there are some who still call this place home. He smells one of them now, passing by crack-that-looks-like-Neverwhere’s-mouth (a relatively straight, if somewhat downward-facing line at the tips; the perfect scowl). The ice-covered stallion stands his ground and raises his nose to the air, testing it for the one who’s close by. A greeting whinny follows, inviting them over.

Not many remain on the Isle. It’s best he finds out who and, more importantly, why they haven’t left.
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire

@[Intoxication]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Small plumes of smoke twirl around the mammoth's tusks, creating mesmerizing spirals that slowly fall back down toward the earth. Black soot covers the male's fur where ice had hidden before, completely transforming the horse-mammoth's colour to a darker and more intimidating look.
    The scent that wandered around the frozen isle was completely gone, replaced with the stench of burning wood and mulchy snow.
    Even when plundered, the isle remains as mesmerising as always, forming new landmarks and quickly reviving itself into how it was previously, slowly but surely new sheets of ice and snow form over the ashes that had previously devoured the island to create something new.

He still hasn't managed to find his own mother on the island after all the chaos, he knew that the healer-bear had been trying to help anyone with any injuries that they had sustained during the pandemonium, but he wasn't sure if she had left to Nerine afterwards.
    However, Tox knows she can handle herself, at least in her bear form, and so he does not worry too much, he will find her sooner or later.

As Tox walks to see if he can find anyone still on the island, he hears a whinny that sounds quite familiar. Quickly, his large and awkward body turns to face the call, returning his own grumbly voice in greeting as he walks toward who he had heard.
    His large hooves test the ground before him as he propels himself forward, small volumes of steam billowing out of his nose as he breathes in the freezing air.

Soon enough the male reaches Leilan, his large body slowly coming to a halt as he calls out in greeting "Salutations" he says in greeting, his low voice almost like a growl.
    "How do you do Leilan?" he asks with a smile that is barely noticeable with all the fur and the tusks that cover his mouth. 

INTOXICATION
    @[Leilan]
    kiss-the-sky-by-millionashes-ddiigvm
    We got older and I should have known
    that I’d feel colder when I walk alone
    The… creature that approaches him has a familiar scent from being around the Isle as resident - Leilan knows from his year spent here to upgrade his dragon abilities - but he’d never actually met the guy. And he knows now that he would have remembered a face like his.

The little giant sure is a sight to see. He’s hairy, he has ice stuck to him where the Isle no longer has them, and he seems to have similar colouring to Leilan - but that’s about all that there might be for a likeness. Salutations. A greeting one doesn’t hear too often, as most might think it too formal. And especially Leilan might… still, there’s something to the guy that he quite likes. ”Tox, is it? Well enough, given the circumstances. Been recruiting a bit left and right.” the ice-scaled male shakes his head at the idea. ”How do you cope after the incident? I imagine it might be hard to outrun the dragonfire, let alone find anything to eat these days.”

And that’s really something they need to take action on soon, he thinks. How does one feed a mammoth in this mess?
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire

@[Intoxication]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |