• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

On demandé pas le Lune // Nev, Any

Hey all you cool cats and kittens

"I'm willing to try anything once, you know how I love new experiences."

Neverwhere says it without looking up. Instead, cloudy eyes following the colt as he runs to the relative safety of his mother's side, and when he peeks back at her, she bares her teeth at him wolfishly, snapping them shut with a bright snik! Her teasing, however, is cut short in the face of the filly's loud resistance to leaving her side and the ragged remnants of her anger melt away to puzzlement. The Child presses into her side and the hard pressure of her insistence makes the dappled mare freeze and turn away from Lilli and Nashua, makes her draw her neck up high when she turns to peer at ther girl, cowering half underneath her.

"Case in point," she says, under her breath, carefully shifting her weight to extricate the girl from her ribcage so that Lilliana can see her more clearly, and then she huffs loudly, the flash of confusion that swept across her face turning back to a more familiar, more usual, wave of vague irritation.

"Her name is not No," the coolness has returned to her voice again while she grasps blindly through her brain for something suitable and comes up empty-handed as if she hadn't had plenty of time to come up with something on the long, slow, walk back to Nerine. The truth is, she had barely thought on it, never fully expecting the frail thing to make the long journey, and yet, here they were, the cool spring winds buffeting the downy black coat and those strange eyes that make her vision swim thankfully focused elsewhere. Neverwhere leans forward so that one foreleg fits into the hollow of the girl's flank before she can have another meltdown.

"I found it-- her. I found her near the Meadow, alone, hiding behind a rock," and I was going to kill her, she tactfully omits, her eyes at last flicking up to meet the summer-sky blue of Lilliana's gaze, "She doesn't have a name, thought I might call her Log."

That bitch, Neverwhere

Image by MillionAshes

@[Amarine]

Messages In This Thread
    On demandé pas le Lune // Nev, Any - by Amarine - 03-23-2020, 09:03 PM
    RE: On demandé pas le Lune // Nev, Any - by Neverwhere - 04-12-2020, 07:08 PM