• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

A new wild flower comes to Beqanna
    L E P I S
    i hear the voice of rage and ruin
    Watching the roan mare, whose expression softens toward the young foal, Lepis wonders briefly if the woman has children of her own. She looks young herself (though that is no barrier), but feels the question is one for better acquaintances. It is Lepis’ hope that she might ask it of her someday, of course, if the red mare chooses to accept the offer that Lepis has not yet made. When Lomasi turns toward Tickaani, the dun does as well. The Pampas. That explains the familiar scent, one that had pulled at the edge of her mind. She does know the Pampas, and as more than just a territory that she rules.

“The Pampas is a beautiful place,” she tells Lomasi, confirming the tales of wildflowers and butterflies. “I spent time there during the Plague some years back, and the leader there – Noah – is a good friend of mine.” It is good to know that her coppery friend is no longer alone among the brilliant grasslands, Lepis thinks, even if it the company of a herd with members that Lepis does not know. Well, Tickaani seems friendly enough, despite what Lepis suspects might be a less-than-favorable opinion of kingdoms. Or perhaps of Lepis herself; it’s not as though the pegasus has lived an especially quiet life. She is friendly toward Lomasi, at least, and despite how soft-spoken Noah is, Lepis knows that the little mare prefers her home a peaceable place.

“Just one dragon,” she adds with a faint smile, as though the reminder of her wayward uncle is not a difficult one. He has things to answer for, she knows, the least of which is an ill-temper. There is time for that later, the pegasus reminds herself. “Or at least, just one temperamental one.” She speaks one final amendment to the statement, still smiling as though at the thought of the mythical creatures.

“Loess is also a marvelous place, with red rocks and canyons, and every type of greenery you can imagine.” It is the most beautiful place, she does not add, aware of her bias toward the place. It is her birthplace, after all, and the only place she has ever truly felt at home. “Busier than the Pampas too, with opportunities to advance both in diplomacy and defense. Does that sound like something that might interest you, Lomasi? If so, I would be happy to have you join us.”

@[Lomasi]
    @[Tickaani]

n | l

Messages In This Thread
    A new wild flower comes to Beqanna - by Lomasi - 03-26-2020, 03:17 PM
    RE: A new wild flower comes to Beqanna - by Lepis - 03-26-2020, 03:57 PM
    RE: A new wild flower comes to Beqanna - by Lepis - 03-26-2020, 08:41 PM
    RE: A new wild flower comes to Beqanna - by Lepis - 03-27-2020, 09:36 PM
    RE: A new wild flower comes to Beqanna - by Lepis - 03-28-2020, 04:49 PM