• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i see trouble on the rise | Castile
    i feel
    a bad moon rising
    Lepis had not realized she’d grown accustomed to his dragon form until Castile lands as a horse. She blinks her storm-blue eyes, the only outward sign of her surprise, but then her gaze narrows. He’d been stuck as a dragon, he’d said, and now he is once more a horse. Had the fairies released him, then? She wonders. Or had he freed himself?

The sternness in his expression is not unfamiliar to the blue-pointed pegasus, but she is no longer a child to be chided for her misbehaviors. Once he had the right to correct her, to turn her back to the correct course when she veered away. Those days are long gone, and the relationship of uncle-and-niece had become one more akin to siblings.

"You burnt the North," she says, and despite the weight of the statement there is no condemnation in her tone. She merely waits, searching his familiar mismatched eyes for some acknowledgement of his actions.

"You burnt the North." Lepis repeats, whether he confirms it or not. "The place might have needed a bit of heat, but I doubt that setting the Icicle Island ablaze will reflect well on Loess." See what you’ve done, she says without saying the exact words aloud, without adjusting the cool tone of her voice.

"Shall I attribute it to Fairy Madness, then?" Lepis asks, but it is clear from the way she continues that she does not expect an answer. "That’s’ what I’ve told myself must have afflicted you, at least. What beyond the supernatural would have you think informing me of your succession through Ilma was a good idea? The woman cannot keep from meddling in places and things that do not involve her, and you thought her an appropriate messenger?" Now there is something in her voice, incredulity creeping in despite her still expression, disbelief tinting her words. "and Oceane? Really?"

Lest he think her dubious of the woman’s ability (for Lepis thinks the striped mare will make a fine leader) she continues without much pause.

"She was captive in Pangea. She is captive in Pangea. Making her queen while in their possession would have weakened Loess. It was not acceptable."

Her intent in calling him here is complete. He was owed an explanation, and now he has one. Lepis is satisfied, and she waits for a reply with her mouth drawn in a thin line.

@[Castile]
    n | l

Messages In This Thread
    i see trouble on the rise | Castile - by Lepis - 03-28-2020, 10:55 AM
    RE: i see trouble on the rise | Castile - by Lepis - 03-31-2020, 10:46 PM