• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i see trouble on the rise | Castile
    and underneath the layers, I find myself asking what's left
    a hollowed out form, the skeleton of a ghost, the pitiful echo of what once was
    ”I heard you the first time,” he snips back, sweeping his tail across his hocks as the only indication of his regrets, but her tone lacks chastisement and so he reels himself back and sighs. ”Obviously fairy madness,” he shrugs while considering whether or not indulging her with what transpired and what plagued him. He wasn’t right in the head. Thinking back to it, everything is muddled. What deep-rooted hate does he have for Icicle Isle? Even in retrospect, he isn’t sure.

But it’s done. The territory has been burned. Ice melted and geysers formed. The tree at the pond crackled with an eternal, blue flame.

The landscape changed, but maybe, just maybe, it will be for the best.

”No one was killed,” it’s the only reassurance he can provide her, but even then, he speaks almost coldly, without remorse even if it exists in the crevices of his mind. ”There was opposition. I’ve already faced Ruinam and Leilan. It’s over and done with, Lepis.” When she started speaking, she didn’t chide him, but now the tone leaks into her words. Castile prickles, lifting his flashing eyes to hers. His lip curls. ”Yes, Oceane. She is deserving of the throne you snatched up,” he cannot suppress the snarl that rises from deep in his throat, ”When she returns, I want to see that crown on her head. Loess needs a change. You’ve led it once, then Taiga. Share the glory, Lepis.” His eyes narrow on her. ”Why haven’t we taken her back then? Why are we letting her rot in Pangea?”

Lepis is firm toward him in a way he used to be when she was but a young girl. It’s a strange to see her brimming with disappointment, as they’ve always been on the same page.

His eyebrows stitch together in a furrow and he shifts his bodyweight to straighten defiantly against her. ”By the time her absence was noted and confirmed, I had lost myself. So, again, why haven’t we tried getting her back?” Taking a step back, scales ripple in and out of slight along his body. ”You know what, I’ll get her back, whether I have to steal or fight.”

castile

@[Lepis]

Messages In This Thread
    i see trouble on the rise | Castile - by Lepis - 03-28-2020, 10:55 AM
    RE: i see trouble on the rise | Castile - by Castile - 04-04-2020, 09:52 PM