• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i see trouble on the rise | Castile
    and underneath the layers, I find myself asking what's left
    a hollowed out form, the skeleton of a ghost, the pitiful echo of what once was
    Lepis knows he would never – will never – hurt her. It’s in the stoicism of her eyes and in the flatness of her expression as she regards him. A primal snarl and a flash of scales does nothing to unsettle her, but Castile doesn’t reveal his agitation toward this. Composing himself, he takes a single step back and slowly extends his wings.

(Let us fly)

Once, when Alcinder was stolen, she was quick to try taking him back. Don’t appear weak, was that not the point of her meeting? And yet now she tries to halt his escapades and refuses his mission to bring Oceane home. A deep breath bursts from him, an explosion of surprise and disappointment as their eyes level on one another. ”She has been there long enough,” he growls, wanting her home as quickly as Alcinder had returned and wanting life to settle back down. But Lepis doubts this possibility of this – he can see it in her face. ”The West didn’t partake. Nerine didn’t partake. Icicle Isle had – has – very few numbers. It’s an irrelevant territory, but before I left, I saw Leilan call everyone. He is taking over. It all worked in his favor,” each sentence is clipped as Castile duels with his mounting aggravation.

”Funny how you’re willing to take part in thievery if it wins you favor,” his voice sharpens disapprovingly, ”but when there is someone else that was meant to succeed me, you refuse to take part.” Tilting his head, Castile searches her face for a reaction as the impassive façade she adorned crumbles away. ”I don’t need gratitude from you when I bring one of our own back home,” his ears falls back into his tousled metallic locks. ”The East decided on their own accord to target us,” as though that makes it better, but he shakes his head disapprovingly at her. ”I will get Oceane back, and I will tell her that she was to succeed me. I will reunite her with our son so she can resume her place here,” the firm, unyielding tone in his voice confirms the decision he has made, ”and I will not be chided like your damn child after everything I’ve done and been through.” To avoid snarling – exhibiting further irritation – Castile clenches his jaws. His body is statue-still, quiet and impassive, but still his wings are slightly opened, twitching as a breeze tumbles past.

castile

@[Lepis]

Messages In This Thread
    i see trouble on the rise | Castile - by Lepis - 03-28-2020, 10:55 AM
    RE: i see trouble on the rise | Castile - by Castile - 04-05-2020, 09:52 PM