• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  find me in the clouds; any
    got my head in the clouds
    and i'm not coming down
    Loire had once saw the world in many colors. The warm rays of the sun and the smell that came with the rain had become some of her favorite things. However, her world of color did not last. It could never in a world that was filled with monsters and madness.

The day her world of color faded is simply a blur to her now.

She only remembers something dark enveloping her. Something closing in around her, filling her with the deepest dread. Every second that passed, the more her body become scorched from fighting. Fight what though? The edges of reason blurred together, fear lurched deep into her stomach. She lost hold of her consciousness eventually, drifting into the vast, menacing darkness. It felt like she was trapped in another world where she could not breathe or escape. The last thing she remembers before slipping away was pain.

Squaw! Squaw!

Loire gasps suddenly, her heart jumps into her throat as she snaps from her nightmare and she is pulled back into reality. Her gold eyes are wide, filled with fright, and frantically looking around. The sound of crashing waves, roaring with madness, quickly draws her eyes to look forward, realizing where she stands. Her hooves are deeply buried in the wet sand, the foamy water is inches away from her, the white mare staggers backwards. A shrill cry of panic escapes from her as she reels back frantically.

Squaw! Squaw!

The gulls swoop and cry out. Her eyes dart up, quickly drawn to their cries. They are erratic, chaotic, noisier and without formation now. The birds flew through the developing canvas of dawn, their wings were fine quills, drawing the buoyant colors.

Their wings in the sky had become the colors of her dreams—the dreams she wished she could have again at least. If Loire could have thrown her soul to the sky and be transformed into a bird, she would have done it without hesitation. It was the kind of carefree freedom she wanted to taste, even if it was for a short time. She wanted to breakaway from the confines of her life.

Lowering her head, she closes her eyes, and imagines what it would be like to escape. Ischia no longer gave her the warm, cozy feeling that a home should give someone. She relived the nightmare every day when the sounds of the waves crashed on the shore and the sight of seeing the ocean. The ocean around her home was her prison walls, she was trapped—a bird in a cage. She wanted to be free, free from it all.

Could she?

Maybe if she imagined.

Maybe if she believed a little harder.

She imagined what it would like to feel weightless; a cloud drifting slowly into the horizon and never turning back. The freedom that wings give, never binding you, never holding you chained to the home that you forsake. The birds could do it, so why couldn’t she?

Loire opened her eyes, still feeling like a cloud, but she couldn’t believe what she saw next. She was floating in the air. Was she levitating? No, no. It didn’t feel right. Am I flying? Her mouth gapes open in awe. “I am flying! I am flying!” There was no doubt, no hesitation to believe dreams truly could come true. Loire was a dreamer after all. If she did end up waking up from this dream, she did not care at all. It was better than her dark nightmare.

She bounds forward, not questioning how she can fly. Her only instinct was to get away—it was her only chance to finally leave it all behind. The young mare joins the birds in the sky, they welcome her to fly with them, as if she is one of them.

Their white bodies soared across the sky. The silver lining of the morning clouds was sliced by the vast, beautiful wings. In the distance, the coast of the mainland came into view, but the white flock did not stop there. Further away, deeper into the mainland, Loire wanted to go, away from the sounds of the ocean.

They continued across forests, hilly terrain, and rocky mountains until a wide land of lush grasses opened up. A small cascade of water rained down a cliff side in the distance, falling into a large lake. It reminded her of the one back in Ischia, but she pushes that thought aside when she decides this is where she needs to be. Descending to the ground, the white and gold pointed mare lands gracefully. She turns to the birds in the sky, telling them thank you and goodbye, and somehow, they understand her.

Loire watches as the white flock disappears into the distance, perhaps heading back to Ischia, and then turns to face the center of the field. Without a second thought, the white mare makes her way forward. A soft, warm smile faintly lifts on her lips as she realizes this was no dream.
    Loire
    the windwalker

Loire is looking for either a neutral/light home on the mainland. She isn't a huge fan of the water due to her near to death experience from drowning by a kelpie. Anywhere but Loess or the islands are good to come and recruit her Smile
    [Image: DB1FUlg.png]
    (pixel via bronzehalo)

Messages In This Thread
    find me in the clouds; any - by Loire - 03-28-2020, 02:38 PM
    RE: find me in the clouds; any - by Eurwen - 03-29-2020, 10:39 AM
    RE: find me in the clouds; any - by lilliana - 03-29-2020, 02:47 PM
    RE: find me in the clouds; any - by Loire - 03-31-2020, 09:11 PM
    RE: find me in the clouds; any - by Eurwen - 04-03-2020, 11:59 AM
    RE: find me in the clouds; any - by lilliana - 04-04-2020, 04:20 PM
    RE: find me in the clouds; any - by Loire - 04-18-2020, 04:16 PM
    RE: find me in the clouds; any - by Eurwen - 04-24-2020, 08:23 AM