• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  find me in the clouds; any
    got my head in the clouds
    and i'm not coming down
    She can feel her heart swelling with joy. Her thoughts quickly turn to the opportunities, the adventures, and wonders she would experience and see. The possibilities here were endless.

The dark dreary cascade of clouds that followed her were no longer there. She hadn’t realized it until she finally stopped somewhere in the wide-open field. Loire blinks, questioning, wondering if this was exactly how it was going to be. If everything was finally changing now that she was somewhere else, somewhere far away from the nightmare.

It was easy for her to hope—to instantly believe there was a brighter side to it all. If there was no hope in the world then what would be left?

Loire simply doesn’t regard the darkness that haunts her dreams every night or the moments she finds herself falling into a trance, remembering some sort of terrible even that happened to her. Did it even happen at all? The white champagne mare always ask herself because sometimes it feels more like a dream and then sometimes it feels all too real, like she really had almost drowned to death by someone else.

It was all a blur now. Maybe some day the memory would become clear, and she could make sense of it all finally.

The buzzing of the field is nothing but background noise to her, drifting to her thoughts of hope for a better future. It isn’t until a feminine voice draws her back into the world. Loire quickly turns to find a white and pink spotted mare with two little ones in front of her, which she could only guess that had just been born this spring. Instantly, her warm smile returns as she realizes the situation she is in now.

Loire listens with every intent to hear what the spotted mare and her two daughters have to stay. She instantly liked the other mare, finding her to be very sweet and motherly. It reminded her much of her own mother (and for a moment she hopes her mother will not freak out when she finds out she has disappeared without a word).

Then another mother with two sons of her own, joins their group. The spotted mare—Eurwen she introduced herself as—seems to be well acquainted with the chestnut mare, also introducing her as Lilliana. Loire wonders if both come from Nerine considering how familiar they both are with each other.

During all of this, Loire continues to hold her warm smile. She loved being able to witness the love and care the mothers had for their children. It was a welcome addition along with being greeted by the two mares she just met.

As the wind drifts, her soft gold mane rustles against her shoulder and gently touches the arch of her neck. A curious look appears in Lilliana’s eyes, followed by an intriguing tone to her question. Loire’s ears swivel forward cautiously, but also curiously. She shouldn’t be surprised that her scent was thick of tropical scents, marking her an islander from Ischia.

“Uh,” she says at first softly. “Yes. I just came from Ischia. I grew up there.” The champagne mare can feel her smile fall a little, but she holds it still as much as she can. Of course they would know. It will be okay! She says silently, reassuring her worries for what is to come. If she wanted to get away from Ischia for good, she would need to face it head on. There was no shame in hiding she was from Ischia; it was a lovely place after all

Turning back to the previous conversation, Loire turns her gold eyes onto Eurwen. “It’s very nice to meet you, Eurwen, along with your girls.” She says glancing to each of the small fillies at the spotted mare’s side. Loire then turns to the chestnut mare once again. “And you as well, Lilliana. Boys will be boys. My brother was a little terror growing up, but they always mean well.” A soft laugh follows her whimsical words.

“And I am Loire!” She says with a bob of her head, her smile growing a little more now. “Are you both from Nerine?”
    Loire
    the windwalker

@[Eurwen] @[lilliana]
    [Image: DB1FUlg.png]
    (pixel via bronzehalo)

Messages In This Thread
    find me in the clouds; any - by Loire - 03-28-2020, 02:38 PM
    RE: find me in the clouds; any - by Eurwen - 03-29-2020, 10:39 AM
    RE: find me in the clouds; any - by lilliana - 03-29-2020, 02:47 PM
    RE: find me in the clouds; any - by Loire - 03-31-2020, 09:11 PM
    RE: find me in the clouds; any - by Eurwen - 04-03-2020, 11:59 AM
    RE: find me in the clouds; any - by lilliana - 04-04-2020, 04:20 PM