• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i feel hurricanes blowing | lomasi
    i feel
    a bad moon rising
    As the two of them move through the Meadow, Lepis elaborates to Lomasi on some of what Tickaani had touched on during their conversation. She explains that the Brilliant Pampas and Sylva are both territories with their own leaders and ranking systems, but that they are under the kingdom of Loess. In much the same way, the other three kingdoms – Tephra, Pangea, and Nerine – have herds and territories beneath them.

They ford their way across a shallow part of the River, and travel beneath the shadows of the Forest. When at last the trees begin to thin and the earth beneath their hooves fades from brown to red Lepis tells her that they’ve entered Loess. The land around them rises in a series of hill that they traverse, and at last the pegasus winds through a shallow canyon and pauses at a precipe. Below them, a limestone cliff falls away to reveal the heart of Loess. The view is glorious (even if Lepis is slightly biased), and she glances toward Lomasi as though to ascertain her companion’s reaction to the sight.

"What do you think?" she asks with a slight smile.

When that is answered, Lepis inquires further. "So tell me Lomasi, what sort of place are you from? A kingdom like Loess, or somewhere quieter like the Pampas?"

@[Lomasi]
    n | l
    Lomasi followed closely behind the perlino dun mare listening to her words as she described Pampas and Sylva, how each territory had it's own leader, ranks, and herds. The red roan mare was very interested in learning more.

After traveling for a bit, the mares crossed the shallows of a river, Lamosi noticed the scenery began to change. The trees lessened and the ground beneath her even changed to a terra-cotta red. the red earth made the strawberry hue the Lomasi's coat stand out even more. The pegasus had come th a stop as they reached the end of the canyon, revealing the heart of Loess. The roan mare's hazel eyes widen at the beauty that she saw before her. "Wow" was all Lomasi was able to get out as she could barely find any words to say.

"It is breath taking" Lomasi said with a smile as she turned to look at the blue point mare. The red mare listened to Lepis' questioned before a soft smiled came to her muzzle as she remember her home. " It was more like Pampas though at times it did feel like a kingdom. My father's territory was a comfortable size, our herd was known for helping others in need." Lomasi's father was the reason why she wanted to make a difference, he was a wonderful leader, father, and ally.
    i feel
    a bad moon rising
    Lepis remains quiet for a time, first watching Lomasi for a reaction and then turning back to the wide expanse of the kingdom below her. The jagged canyons and the smooth hills, the glittering pools of the small springs and the distant shimmer of the realm’s larger lakes. The spring rains have aided in the greening of the place, and the faint smell of distant wildflowers reach them even here on the clifftop. The sky, a brilliant shade of blue, is full of clouds and stretches in a seemingly endless expanse. Lepis smiles, a deep feeling on contentment settling into her chest at the sight.

Lomasi’s reaction, the inability to breathe or speak, was gratifying, and the dun mare’s smile grows deeper as she turns back to the younger woman. The answer that she gives into her origins is received with clear curiosity. A herd within a territory, and led by Lomasi’s father. Compassionate too, it seemed, a habit only available to those with the power to give aid, so Lepis decides that perhaps that along with the comfortable size that Lomasi speaks of was also considerable strength. Good, she thinks, it is good that Lomasi has experience with a place large enough to offer aid, even if it was not a true kingdom like Loess.

"That sounds like a wonderful place," Lepis responds truthfully. Wonderful, and something quite like the Loess that she means to rebuild. "I have only recently regained the throne here," the monarch tells Lomasi, "and while Loess once boasted a powerful army and ties with many of the other nations, we find ourselves now starting fresh. I have need of diplomats and warriors both, and I don’t recall you mentioning a preference…" She trails off, referring to her earlier mention of both courses in the Field and her silnce now making it clear that she waits for Lomasi to elaborate on her experience or interest in either, so that Lepis best knows what to suggest. Work need not begin immediately, of course, she will give the other woman time to adjust to her new home, and what is required of her will be no more than whatever Lomasi wishes to give.

@[Lomasi]
    n | l
    There was so much to to take in as the red roan mare took in her new surrounds. The curvaceous canyons, winding back and forth leading to the rolling green hills which were speckled with glimmering springs and crystal clear lakes. It was pure wonderment, not only the sight, but the smell of wildflowers with the hint of crisp rain. Lomasi felt it in her chest, this place would become home.

A dreamy smile crept over Lomasi's muzzle as she thought of her childhood and young adult home. It was a wonderful place, but what made it truly wonderful was her herd. She was molded into the mare she was today because of them.

Lomasi listen to the perlino dun mare speak of regaining the throne and her plans for Loess. Lepis went on the mention which path Lamosi was considering taking, one of diplomacy or one of warrior. The strawberry roan mare surveyed the land before her, closing her hazel eyes taking in a breath of air. " Growing up as the lead stallions oldest daughter, my mother had trained me how to be a lead mare one day. Though the stallion is the protecter of the herd, the lead mare plays a large role in the herd. She is the peacemaker, She is benevolent, effective, and respected. It’s her leadership and co-partnership with the lead stallion that ensures the survival of the herd throughout her lifetime." Lomasi looked over at Lepis " If I may be so bold, where do you think I would be a best suited and needed to help Loess and her people?"
    i feel
    a bad moon rising
    "It sounds as though your mother educated you in many of the skills required of a diplomat," Lepis replies, internally confirming what she had suspected in the Field. While there are a myriad of tasks required for the successful running of a kingdom, they often fall into the two that she had spoken of earlier: diplomacy and defense. Lepis’ own strength is in the former; battle is not her strong suit. There is no need for it, not with the invisible gifts that she possesses, not with what she had been forced to learn as a young woman.

"And it so happens that we will be taking several diplomatic trips in the next few months, which might be a good chance for you to get your hooves wet, so to speak. Give you a chance to see how diplomacy is done here in Beqanna." Her tone is calm, but her blue-grey eyes are curious as she watches the roan mare. This will not be the first time that Lepis has taken an aspiring young diplomat beneath her wing. The most recent time, the trainee had excelled. Excelled at far too much, but Lepis projects internal peace before her mind can slip too far down an uncomfortable path.

She grows still for a moment, for the projection had not been quite what she anticipated. It was peace, like it should have been, but it felt heavier somehow. Deeper. Odd, she thinks, but dismisses it without the expression on her face or figure ever changing.

"Does that sound like something you might be interested in?" The mare asks. "I plan on visiting Tephra first, but not for a few days. You could have some time to settle into Loess, to see some of the sights and get acquainted with the place. "

@[Lomasi]
    n | l
    The Strawberry roan smiled at Lepis' kind words toward her mother " My mother did her best to raise and teach her foals to better the  next generation" Lomasi smiled remember her mother's gentle yet strong nature. The red mare was curious about what the diplomat path would hold for her if she so chose that course. The perlino dun mare had given her the option of two paths, Lomasi was intrigued to see what path she would become a part of.

Red roan ears pricked forward at Lepis' words, several diplomat trips to happened in the next coming months. It felt like a sign that Lomasi was heading in the right direction. " Really, I would be able to attend these trips?" the strawberry roan's hazel eyes sparkle at the opportunity. Lomasi shook her head making her red wavy mane  cascade over her neck bring herself back to the conversation and out of her daydream. "It would be my honor to attend if you would have me" The red mare said with a smile.

Lomasi noticed the perlino dun pegasus slip into almost a trans of some sort. Though to the plain eye , no one would be able to tell anything happen to Lepis, Lomasi had a very deep intuition, a sixth sense some would say it use to get her into trouble when she was younger. " Lepis? " Lomasi questioned softly. the Pegasus carried on as if nothing happen, Lomasi decided it would be best to forget about the feeling she had. "It sounds wonderful! I would greatly appreciate the opportunity." The strawberry mare smiled and dipped her head respectfully.
    i feel
    a bad moon rising
    It is not Lepis’ intention to choose Lomasi’s path, for all that the roan mare’s experience seems strongly suited for diplomacy. If she were to choose battle instead – or even in addition – Lepis would be equally satisfied. Anyone working toward the betterment of Loess is working well, at least to the dun mare. She is still pleased, however, that the raw materials she had gathered have turned out to be not so raw after all.

Lomasi might have done well in a quiet herdland like the Pampas, Lepis thinks. But would she have really been satisfied? Lepis thinks not, especially at the enthusiasm that the strawberry roan shows at the mention of diplomatic missions. Her navy mouth breaks into an easy smile at the other’s excitement, nodding her head in affirmation, a non-verbal affirmation of her offer.

"Of course," she replies. "It is always best to learn by doing, I think. Political theories are all well and good, but there is nothing quite like real life experience to teach you about diplomacy."

She brushes away the younger woman’s concern with a brief shake of her head, though she does mark it as a sign of the other’s astuteness. "I’ll be happy to have you along," she says instead. There will be time later to investigate that strange sensation.

"I will leave you to your new home, then." she adds, "Though if you’ve need of me before our departure, I can often be found in the hills at the base of Long Lake." She gestures to a lake glittering far in the distance, thin and narrow beside a smaller one, with hills that rise higher than many at its southernmost end.

@[Lomasi]
    n | l

ooc: i should be getting a post up for diplomatic trip soon, and i'll tag lomasi in it! Smile
    Lomasi could not agree more with the perlino dun mare's reply that it is always best to learn by doing, Lepis reminded the strawberry roan very much of her own mother. Lomasi's mother had taught there foals through activities that would test their skills and knowledge, allowing her foals to gain awareness, independence, and courage as they were tested. The red mare could not help feel a fondness growing towards the Pegasus' mare.

The red roan mare feels her body relax a small amount before giving the perlino mare a soft smile. "Thank you Lepis, for all that you have done for me thus far and for the future as well. I greatly appreciate it." Lomasi said while dipping her head to the older mare. The strawberry roan mare lifted her head " I hope to serve you and Loess well!" she said with a smile. Lomasi looked over the land before her, she would have to go and meet the rest of her new herd which excited her.

OOC/ Thank you! Should I wait for the diplomatic trip post? I don't really know where else to post lol