• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Let the shadows fall behind us || Kagerus

Tangerine

In the middle of the night, I go walking in my sleep

Kagerus appears, dripping in magic looking as fine and fit as the first day Tangerine saw her, an easy smile splashed across her face. There is a freshness in the air around the dreamweaver that sets the old mother's heart at ease. If Kagerus was happy, then all was well in whatever corner of the world she and Solace had chosen to occupy. 

As the dark mare wades across the pool, Tangerine uses the moment to briefly confirm that all is well. It was an old habit, to check for signs of battles fought or tokens gained, but Kagerus doesn't show her battles, or her years, on her body. Tangerine still wasn't sure if immortality was a gift or a curse, but she was glad her daughter's wife had it. When she had first heard that Kagerus was 10 years her senior, the usually open-minded mare to give a little snort. But she had not been raised in a land where life often extended past twenty-odd years. It was a concern that passed quickly once she understood that her daughter would not be left alone, pining for a lost lover for half her life. No, it had been many years since she had any doubts about Solace's choice of partner.

Kagerus reaches out with her muzzle, passing messages back and forth in the Ancient Way, and what Tang finds piques her interest. The scents her companion carries are not of Beqanna, and Tang's interest is easy to read as she pulls the air deep into her lungs. It is one thing to know that the bay mare has been traveling in far-off lands, and another to feel it in the energy around her. Hitchhiking leaves and smaller things, particles of places Tang has never been, they carry information which is irresistible to the old mare

"Not much in the world that can rival a good waterfall," she agrees, pulling her face away once she has gathered all there is to know from the exchange of scents, "but you know much more about that than I."

"I'm beyond the age of jealousy," she continues, as if one ever outgrew such primal passions, "but if ever I were to feel such a thing again, it would for what you have, Kagerus."

"But such a talent would have gotten me into trouble in my younger years," she regresses, "So all worked out the way it should have."

Her weight shifts and her bones creak, a sound which never rises above the rush of water around them. But Kaugerus' company is enough to distract her from her old aches for now. 

"I have a feeling I will be able to tell her myself so enough," she replies coyly. Her dreams were far from concrete ideas, but she had seen hints that she may be seeing more of Kagerus and Solace very soon.

"But surely you didn't return just to see you old mother in law," she says without attempting to settle the laugh which bubbles up from deep within her chest. "Tell me what called to away from your wife and little Indius and Iridian." 

[Image: tzang]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Let the shadows fall behind us || Kagerus - by Tangerine - 04-21-2020, 05:05 PM