• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Sometimes life seems too quiet-any

H A L C Y O N
    no better version of me
    i could pretend to be tonight

"I'm sorry," he repeats, swiftly, at the woman's frantic and urgent question. Who are you?, "I'm sorry, um, I'm Halcyon. I'm from Ischia, I didn't mean to ─" He remembers, then, that he is a tiger and he wills himself to make the uncomfortable transition back to equine. His striped feline body gives way to a sleek gold, with just a hint of his tiger stripes, and a light blue sheen that is hardly apparent in this downpour. But as he shifts, Halcyon registers the milkiness of the woman's eyes and the abject discomfort in her stance, and then another moment later he recognizes her blindness.

"I didn't mean to startle you," he says just loud enough to be heard over the din of the falling rain and the rumble of the thunder, all the while shifting his weight uncomfortably to and fro, unused to the feel of hooves and horse. He hopes, though, that her fluttering nostrils will register him now not as predator, but as kin. He watches her, at a loss for words in the silence after he has startled her, and simply stands for a time to keep her company.

When finally he feels less awkward ─ and more thoroughly soaked ─ Halcyon tests his voice again as he peers at the sky-painted woman. "Are you lost? Or... are you from Beqanna?" He asks the second as an afterthought, suddenly remembering that not everyone he has encountered was born here.

@[Jenger*]

n | f

Messages In This Thread
    Sometimes life seems too quiet-any - by Jenger* - 03-29-2020, 11:42 PM
    RE: Sometimes life seems too quiet-any - by Halcyon - 03-31-2020, 01:12 PM