• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Sometimes life seems too quiet-any

It could have been a knife she wielded, the way her questions seemed to cut as they flew from her mouth in haste. Tossed off a cliff, they just plummeted to the ground, she could anticipate the devastation of their crash.

J didn’t consider the way in which one might receive her inquiries, the way they might dig and burn when they connected.

She doesn’t mean to wound.

Now the eyes paint the picture, sure, they create the concept to all stories but the sounds make up for what the eyes cannot see. Aside from the persistent rain, she finds his words uncomfortable, if she had hands to touch them with- she isn’t sure the texture would be to her liking, she isn’t sure she could bear their weight.

Jenger can almost feel the way she has caught him off guard, sense the awkward tone his words take, and it causes her muscles to soften. I’m not dangerous, that one returns the blow, she winces away from the statement, and though she isn’t wholly sure if he is unsafe or not.

Unlike her mother, empathy doesn’t escape the sky-painted mare.

“I’ve never met anyone not from here,” it tells just how secluded she has been, it might reveal to another that she doesn’t approach her own. There is a deep rooted fear that clings to her mind, wraps coils of rope so tightly that they become bars of iron, she is caged within herself.

“Just me and Mother,” J hangs her head, even just for a moment, before straightening back up, not even conscious of the movement. She knows all too well that, if he was dangerous, she wouldn’t be missed, no one would be looking for her.

“Yes, forgive me, you must be cold,” head nods, and she wonders if tigers are creatures capable of catching a chill. “There was a tree…” already turning to the East, silently counting steps, she had touched the uneven bark on her way here.

Nice to meet you..

It is apparent that she does not know how to respond, she’s never received a compliment before, even one that is more common courteousy than anything else. “You say strange things,” it’s not the first time he’s been kind, and yet she lacks the proper socializing to thank him.

jenger
    words:  tags:  HTML by Call

Messages In This Thread
    Sometimes life seems too quiet-any - by Jenger* - 03-29-2020, 11:42 PM
    RE: Sometimes life seems too quiet-any - by Jenger* - 04-02-2020, 02:04 PM