• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Sometimes life seems too quiet-any

H A L C Y O N
    no better version of me
    i could pretend to be tonight

Halcyon watches Jenger expectantly, offering her a boyish crush on a platter with a tentative smile and a quivering hand. The invitation to experience Ischia is more than a simple attempt at recruiting today ─ his green feline eyes are fixed on the beautiful sky-swathed mare, only faltering when he realizes that he has been staring for far too long.

She can't see him, he knows, but that makes no difference. Does one ever know how to act normal around their first childhood crush?

Halcyon would be surprised that she had never heard of Ischia if he had found her in one of Beqanna's many kingdoms, but it almost seems fitting that she has been sequestered away from the politics of their continent. It feels refreshing, after spending a year in Loess surrounded by it and then being faced with it again upon return to his island home.

He smiles at Jenger, sheepish and innocence, but the expression falters when finally Jenger speaks again.

Mother won't come.

A frown twists at the corners of his mouth as he tries to decide whether it would be inappropriate to invite Jenger on her own, just she and he ─ and Halcyon would look after her, make sure to guide her, if only ─

I'm afraid I don't know how to swim.

His hopes are dashed, deflated like a balloon inside his lithe chest. "Oh," he says, squeezing that last bit of air from his lungs when finally his eyes notice the welling in her cloudy ones. "Are you... are you alright, Jenger?" His throat his dry, it threatens to close. "Have I said something wrong? I didn't mean... I didn't know..."

@[Jenger*]

n | f

Messages In This Thread
    Sometimes life seems too quiet-any - by Jenger* - 03-29-2020, 11:42 PM
    RE: Sometimes life seems too quiet-any - by Halcyon - 04-24-2020, 07:36 PM