• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

break these bones until they’re better; any

Sabra

I am alone again, after encounters with the past. Faces and names that kept me in a tail spin long after the men they belonged to had left. My progress is slow on foot, the spear in my chest hindering every motion. It's dark by now, soaked through with blood that just won't stop trickling down its length. 

Drips and drops follow me everywhere I go, and they follow me when I go to the field that evening. Crystalline blue tinged with blood red, fiery gold. And I find the mirror of myself bathed in the dying light. Small, gossamer winged and with a stubborn set to get mouth that looks hard on a face so young. My lips tilt downward as I sight her, the trajectory of my steps curving with elegant purpose as I cut through the summer grass. 

My head tips sideways as I stop before her, expression flat and calculating. "Who are you, girl?"
    I ask in my eternally silver voice. She's pretty, and like enough in colour that I could call her my own, if I wanted to. But first, her name. 

I wanna be Immortal, like a God in the sky

I wanna be a silk flower, like I'm never gonna die

Photo by Kareva Margarita

@[hypatia]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: break these bones until they’re better; any - by Sabra - 04-01-2020, 03:58 PM