• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  the world is a vampire.

i have slipped the surly bonds of earth
    and danced the skies on laugh-silvered wings

Alcinder's excitement grows in time with Fenwe's suspicion; though he garners no pleasure over causing her distress, he knows that her uncertainty will soon turn into pleasant surprise ─ and her reaction does not disappoint. The young boy laughs gleefully at this new and beautiful friend he has made and puffs his lithe chest out with pride. The field mice do just what he had asked, disappearing just as quickly as their little legs allowed, leaving behind nothing but laughter and a small pile of flowers.

"Thanks!" the pegasi colt exclaims and ruffles the wings at his sides, "I got it from my Mom. She can talk to animals, too, but she's way better than I am." Alcinder speaks of his mom candidly, drawing her into the conversation almost involuntarily. His heart aches when he remembers he has another season before he is able to see her again.

His new friend pulls him away from these thoughts and another warm smile presents itself to Fenwe as she tests the name of his kingdom. Loess. He waits expectantly for her answer, and then his silver-gray eyes widen in surprise at her response. His first year of life had included so much talk of politics, threats of war, upcoming diplomatic meetings... he couldn't imagine living without it interrupting his daily activities.

He'd heard of nomads, too ─ those who didn't have a kingdom home ─ but Fenwe didn't seem to fit in that category, either. "You've never left the Meadow?" incredulity seeps into his words, but he catches himself so as not to make her feel bad.

"Well," he clears his throat, trying to figure out the best way to answer her question, "there aren't any others my age, at least not that I've met yet. So that can be a little boring but ─" he pauses, flashes her a wide grin, "There are others with powers. Like my dad. He's a dragon."

Alcinder's eyes move briefly to the iridescent plating that covers her, before returning his gaze to her bright eyes. "You should come see it! Maybe your mom would want to see it, too?"

@[Fenwe]

n | d

Oh my gosh, I totally understand ♥
    i have slipped the surly bonds of earth
    and danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings

Messages In This Thread
    the world is a vampire. - by Fenwe - 04-01-2020, 05:14 PM
    RE: the world is a vampire. - by Alcinder - 04-02-2020, 08:28 AM
    RE: the world is a vampire. - by Fenwe - 04-02-2020, 09:30 AM
    RE: the world is a vampire. - by Alcinder - 04-02-2020, 08:15 PM
    RE: the world is a vampire. - by Fenwe - 04-11-2020, 07:51 AM
    RE: the world is a vampire. - by Alcinder - 04-14-2020, 09:24 PM