• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    [open]  kill the headlights, put it neutral
    You’re uncontrollable
    and we are unlovable
    Rumour has it, something is starting anew on the Isle. Rumour has it that a new dragon rules it, though this one spits hellish ice instead of hellfire; befitting the colder climate perhaps. Rumour has it he can use a few strong, daring individuals to rebuild.

It must have started when he had talked to Kamali in the Field - there were always ears there. He doesn’t think the Forest had held any listeners when he talked to Ivo, though one could never be sure. It doesn’t matter - in fact it is only helpful that the rumour mill brings him a visitor who is actually interested in joining.

They can’t take too long to act though, he thinks. If the rumour mill brings individuals to the Isle, then Beqanna’s spies and diplomats will pick up on it as well. They’ll be moving soon - but not before welcoming their new friend.

His wings carry him through the dirty and cold air - a strange combination, he misses the crispness of ice and snow; now it is mingled with ashes and steam and dust. The male retracts the scaled and leathery silver wings upon landing, trotting forward to greet the visitor. Leilan’s shape is large, clearly of mixed draft and baroque origins, similar to the newcomer - in fact they might be of similar lines, perhaps. While the ice-scaled roan carries more feathering, the spotted stallion has been granted the longer, almost curly mane, and a tiny height advantage (courtesy to Scorch being a bit smaller, he thinks to himself), but otherwise their body types seem largely similar.

A soft nicker announces his presence, and then the multicoloured male stands before the newly arrived stud. ”Welcome to… Recently Unicicled Isle.” he grins a little, tilting his head. ”Not many find it a place worth travelling to, these days - unless they have business here - so I figured I might investigate myself,” he tells the male this in good faith, though it doesn’t reveal much other than that he is indeed the Isle’s keeper. ”I’m Leilan. As far as the Isle goes, what you see is what you get.” he introduces himself and the burned northern island, figuring there isn’t much else that needs to be said about it. It’s burned, after all - not many plants still stand, and if they do, they’re the sturdy kind that need more energy digesting than that they satiate, at this point - that and it tastes like ash. The temperature differences have caused large cracks in the granite flooring as well, steam and the occasional burst of hot water still rising from them. There is, of course, the heart-shaped lake and the blue-flaming tree up north, and the northern lights at night - but they can’t be seen from where they stand right now.

”I hope you like it. If you want a tour, we can walk.” he adds as almost an afterthought, flashing a playful grin at the male. ”So, tell me what brings you here?”

and I don’t want you to think that I care
    I never would, I never
    could again
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire

@[Chemdog]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    kill the headlights, put it neutral - by Chemdog - 04-02-2020, 09:15 AM
    RE: kill the headlights, put it neutral - by Leilan - 04-04-2020, 04:38 AM