• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The Language of Waves | Alcinder

i have slipped the surly bonds of earth
    and danced the skies on laugh-silvered wings

That's a wonderful idea.

Alcinder recognizes it for the placation it is even before Soran is able to slip the 'but...' into his sentence. His hopeful expectation turns to something resembling disappointment as his silvered eyes harden against the older stallion's niceties, and though the Prince of Loess can hear the genuine apology in the man's tone, it doesn't do much to amend the young boy's feelings on the matter. He had come to see Oceane, had he not? Certainly whatever it was that had been so important that he traveled the length of Beqanna to see her could not be foiled by the few weeks he would need to wait for her return.

It could lead to trouble.

Despite his youth, he knows that there are limitations to his knowledge ─ Aunt Lepis has taught him much by way of social etiquette and diplomacy, but he is not foolish enough to believe that she has taught him everything. But this stallion smells naught of Pangea or Icicle Isle, the only two kingdoms he wold expect to see trouble from, and Soran's intentions ─ at least, through the colt's young eyes ─ is not to bring harm to Loess or those within it.

"If you are a friend of my mom's, your presence will cause no trouble here," he tells Soran with a practiced, older tone, as if falling into a mirror image of Lepis when she is in the midst of diplomatic negotiations. "My Aunt Lepis is in charge now, and she won't mind you staying," he tacks on, ignoring the older stallion's question about his chaperones.

Alcinder's silver eyes watch the scarred stallion's, searching for any indication that he may change his mind, before he offers a sheepish grin to the man and says ─ in the same tone he had used with Fenwe that day in the Meadow ─ "Stay. Until she comes home." A command, fueled by the Mind Control he still does not know or realize he possesses.

"She would want you to."

@[Soran]

n | d
    i have slipped the surly bonds of earth
    and danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings

Messages In This Thread
    The Language of Waves | Alcinder - by Soran - 04-06-2020, 07:30 PM
    RE: The Language of Waves | Alcinder - by Soran - 04-14-2020, 04:43 PM
    RE: The Language of Waves | Alcinder - by Soran - 04-19-2020, 05:21 PM
    RE: The Language of Waves | Alcinder - by Soran - 04-25-2020, 12:50 PM
    RE: The Language of Waves | Alcinder - by Alcinder - 04-24-2020, 07:21 PM