• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  i feel a bad moon rising | any

cold in the violence after the war
    hope is a fire to keep us warm

It occurs to her about midway through the other mare’s reply that she is possibly the last horse who should be here dealing with this. Not that this has ever stopped her before of course. But it is made abundantly clear when her response to the other woman’s placement of blame is abrupt amusement rather than any other more appropriate emotion. Of course, she hadn’t had much interest in politics at the time either, but even she knows how clumsily Loess had handled things.

Fechin, upon realizing the implications of the offer, butts in eagerly, saving Brazen from saying something probably inappropriate. Her eager questions do make her laugh, a short burst filled with untempered amusement. “Now that’s a thought,” she quips, blue eyes bright behind the ivory mask. Lips twitching, she continues, “Flowers on Icicle Isle. I’d be impressed if Loess could conjure that.”

Gaze returning to the winged mare as her wry amusement fades slowly, she eyes her for a minute. Unlike her mother, the weight of her skepticism is clearly visible as she shifts restless limbs, not quite sure what to make of the offer. Finally she offers rather blandly, “I’ll let Neverwhere know, uh… who are you anyway?”

Brazen

Messages In This Thread
    i feel a bad moon rising | any - by Lepis - 04-08-2020, 12:30 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | any - by Brazen - 04-08-2020, 04:20 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | any - by Lepis - 04-11-2020, 07:57 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | any - by Fechin - 04-13-2020, 08:03 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | any - by Brazen - 04-17-2020, 05:43 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | any - by Lepis - 04-18-2020, 09:11 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | any - by Fechin - 04-24-2020, 07:51 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | any - by Brazen - 04-28-2020, 05:33 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | any - by Lepis - 04-28-2020, 06:34 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | any - by Fechin - 04-30-2020, 11:41 AM