• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  i hear the voice of rage and ruin | lomasi + diplomats
    l e p i s
    I never thought it was a question of whether
    Lepis turns back for just a moment, making eye contact with the roan mare besdie her and flashing her a soft smile of encouragement. She has great expectations for the younger mare, and part of aiding her in achieving these is letting her experience the details of politics first-hand. Knowing the history and geography is all well and good, but forming relationships is just as critical.

When Isilya answers, Lepis turns back to her, listening with curiously pricked ears. She nods now and then, a clear indicator that she finds what the other queen has to say quite agreeable.

“Loess’ agreement with the Pangean Kings is somewhat new,” Lepis responds. The terms of it certainly leave something to be desired, but what’s done is done. Tephra’s pre-existing agreement with Ghaul and Draco’s predecessor explains the lack of mishaps that Isilya mentions. It is easier to remain ignorant to the violence that remains outside of one’s borders. Lepis knows this from personal experience, and she does not think less of the flower-haired mare because of it. “But I am glad to hear that you have ties as well.” Unity is important, after all. Even if Isilya’s mention of Anaxarete suggests that the ties are either old or that Lepis’ hope that Anaxarete’s giving up the throne meant that she had given up the land as well. She will find out later, Lepis knows, even if she’ll have to do some digging to find out which it is.

Lomasi’s surprise at Lepis’ mention of a child does not go unnoticed, and she adds that to her mental list of tasks to accomplish. Get to know her aspiring diplomat a little better, and share some things about her own life as well. The desire to do so does not come often to the navy-haired mare, but it is certainly there for Lomasi. Perhaps even for Isilya, though Lepis is uncertain if what she feels is the possibility of friendship or of taking a novice beneath her wing. Both, perhaps, just like there has been many times before.

“Then we will look forward to your visit, after you’ve spoken with the others.” Lepies replies. How long might it be, she wonders, for the white mare to converse with every member of her kingdom? The dun monarch has considered democracy of this fashion a time or two, but it just takes so much time and by then she’ll have made her own decision anyway. She had considered offering to come back for the final decision, but the uncertainty that awaits her family in Loess makes her cautious. Some things are unpredictable, and she prefers to not make a promise she cannot keep.

“I am sure Kestrell would love it here,” I add with a small smile, “And I can content myself knowing that at least he’s not wandering all the way to Ischia to get some relief from the winter cold.” Though the hot springs of my homeland are enough to keep us comfortable, they are small places, and a growing boy needs space to run. The farther from the North, the farther from danger he will be, and Tephra is as good a place as any. Better, perhaps, if this alliance comes to be.

@[Lomasi] @[Isilya]
    n | l

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i hear the voice of rage and ruin | lomasi + diplomats - by Lepis - 07-03-2020, 07:52 AM