• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  how simple my heart
    and underneath the layers, I find myself asking what's left
    a hollowed out form, the skeleton of a ghost, the pitiful echo of what once was
    The wound is still fresh, still aching, upon hearing of Valdis’ demise. His first daughter. His daughter with Solace. There are so many memories wrapped into it, now shredded and soiled by her spilt blood. ”I’m sorry,” he whispers into the warm air, regretting that he didn’t protect her when she needed him most. ”I should have never been a father,” because if he cannot prevent his child’s murder, then what good is he? Of course, he loves each of them and has explained that he will always be there for them, but they all branch off and build their own lives from afar. ”Come back, please,” he murmurs as he watches her fall to the ground, maimed. All of his other children observe coldly before receding into the shadows.

A gasp of air awakens Castile from the nightmares, his body rigid. How cruel of his mind to fabricate such things; he wasn’t there to watch Valdis die, so why does he live through it in his sleep? A faint taste of blood spreads across his tongue, bitten in his startle.

Rising to his feet, he blinks away his exhaustion and hones in on a familiar scent that easily guides him along Mako’s trail until he is in front of her. She says his name, and his breath catches as to how much she reminds him of her mother. ”Mako,” he says, grinning fondly at her, ”I’ve missed you as well.” Bruxas often wanders the neighboring forests, but Castile hasn’t pursued him lately. With the twists, turns, and hurdles in life, he has struggled to keep on top of his family as he so often had. Is he failing them again like he has Sochi? ”Tell me of your adventures,” He asks gently as he reaches forward to press a paternal kiss on her poll. ”I want to hear of all the great things you’ve seen and done.” Anything to take his mind off his own pain and turmoil.

castile

@[mako]

Messages In This Thread
    how simple my heart - by mako - 04-08-2020, 06:27 PM
    RE: how simple my heart - by Castile - 04-11-2020, 03:18 PM
    RE: how simple my heart - by mako - 04-13-2020, 08:12 PM
    RE: how simple my heart - by Castile - 04-20-2020, 03:10 PM
    RE: how simple my heart - by mako - 04-26-2020, 02:41 PM
    RE: how simple my heart - by Castile - 04-30-2020, 01:34 PM
    RE: how simple my heart - by mako - 05-06-2020, 01:58 AM
    RE: how simple my heart - by Castile - 05-07-2020, 02:03 PM