• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

don't threaten me with a good time; Any!
    She'd lost track of the time.  Unsurprising for her lately.

With a sudden fire burning under her ass, she managed to change, do something with her olive-toned face, and finger brush her dark hair into some semblance of satisfactory loose waves before her ride arrived.  Remarkably, Breckin had made it to the beach house only 15 minutes behind what she was supposed to be there by, and she smiled smugly at the man tending the doorway as she patted him affectionately on the shoulder while she brushed by.  Normally she wouldn't care about her late arrival, feeling as though it was completely acceptable to show up to one of these gigs whenever she felt like it.  But this time, she actually had a hand in orchestrating and influencing this party.  It made her feel slightly responsible to physically be there when the majority of people showed up, but that was where her obligations ended.  Not her rodeo, not her clowns.  

It didn't take long for the crowd to swell and the music to shift from slightly too loud, to blaring club tempo.  The bass in the beat shook her chest as she found a spot at the bar to grab two drinks.  One for her, and the other one for her too, she downed one of them in two swigs as she pulled away from the airy great room that had turned into the party's dance floor.  The night was clear and comfortable, and the breeze coming through the wall of open glass doors that lead to the pool area almost made the heat of the bodies in the house bearable.  Almost, but not enough.

The heat was stifling as the drink finally hit and settled at the bottom of her empty stomach, and suddenly she wasn't in the mood to mingle.  There were only so many cheery hi's and hello's she could dole out, and small talk that she could rate as tolerable before her nerves started to wear raw.  

She needed a fucking break.

"I'm sorry, I don't really care about anything you were just trying to explain to me," she said to the latest well-dressed gossip with a faux apologetic smile.  "If you'll excuse me, I'm going to go get some air."  Before waiting for a retort she made her exit stage right, heading for sanctuary beneath a wooden pergola on the pool deck.  Mercifully, that corner of the property was close to undisturbed by the ones that had opted to spend their night lounging in the heated pool, and she pressed her back to the cool beam with a heavy sigh.  The pleasure of simple relief overcame her, and she couldn't resist the desire to find her stashed cigarette and lighter to remedy her fraying attitude.  

Blocking the ocean wind with one hand, and lighting with the other, she took a long drag before exhaling slowly.  Her deep brown eyes closed, and for a few seconds - probably more like a few minutes - she kept them like that, listening to the contrast of laughter and music to the right of her, and the crashing waves and rush of wind to the left.

OOC: what I envision her to look like at the party https://www.dhresource.com/0x0s/f2-albu-...floral.jpg

Needed a change of pace, so this is just a fun, low-key, no-pressure kind of thread!  Basically just a human pony beach house party!  Anyone's welcome ;]
    There were only so many things she felt obligated to do, but unfortunately attending this party had actually been on of those. There’s only so many excuses a woman can make before the press, her boss, and her colleagues would get onto her, all in all - not to mention actual family.

Not that she has any family running around here that she knows of, since she and her sister were adopted honestly, but it was still an obligation.

The fun fact is that normally she’d even have liked to go. Tonight however, she felt tired, and it had nothing to do with the lack of alcohol in her system - or perhaps everything, seeing as that was the only way she and her so-called boyfriend got along these days. She’d have to dump this one soon, too. Not tonight though, as tonight was all about the right image and everything.

The red-haired woman feels older than she looks, though the latter might have something to do with her sun allergy and her reduced skin-aging more than with her actual age. She’d said her hellos and exchanged pleasantries some time before, but she knew leaving this party would probably call unwanted attention to herself. She’d have to stay long enough if she didn’t want to be noticed too much - the irony in that fact did not escape her.

She’d strolled by the pool, even picked up a drink and toast with some of the pool party people, though she didn’t remember their faces, and thankfully they were far enough gone not to notice her that much, or forget by the time they left the party anyway. That had always been her strength - to get noticed when she wanted to, and to slip by when she needed it. She’d picked her long green dress especially for this occasion: contrasting with her hair colour at the party, but dark enough to be able to slipbetween the trees for a moment when she needed it.

Someone else however, had discovered the same relatively peaceful spot - untouched drink still in hand, the white-skinned woman watched the olive-toned beauty, smiling ruefully. ”I guess this means the garden is no longer my own.” she comments softly - just loud enough for the other to hear.

@[Breckin] I felt like reviving your thread <3
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time