• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  The Sweet Sting || Starsin ||

and let me crawl inside your veins. I'll build a wall, give you a ball and chain.

They were treading into dangerous territory now, and though Starsin could recognize that, she could not seem to stop it. He was disgustingly charming, similar to the old Wolfbane but with an irresistible edge, like a blade she wanted to run against her skin just to feel exactly how sharp it promised to be. It was a strange thing, to want him and yet not want him at all. She knows, truthfully, she just wants him to want her. It was an insecurity so deeply rooted that she is not sure if she will ever leave it behind; but it does not mean she is going to cave to it.

She is not sure if being wanted by a ghost, by this monstrous shell of someone she once knew, would be considered a win anyway.

“Use your imagination,” she tells him with a laugh, shaking a dark forelock from her eyes.

But he moves from his place against the tree, and something in the dynamic shifts.

Heat rises to the surface of her skin, and there is a moment when the star-dapples seem to twinkle in a way that mimics stars in the sky. He is close now, close enough that he could touch her, or she could touch him. Close enough that the dark blue of her eyes meet his, and for the first time in a long time, her mind reading does little to help her. For the first time, she does not trust anything she hears. She does not trust his thoughts, does not trust his smile, does not trust his words.

And, she wonders what this would be like if she wasn’t so suspicious. She wonders what would happen if the rumors – the rumors of how cruel he could be, the rumors that he is nothing like the man he once was – had never reached her. If this was nothing more than what it looked like it was (two bright and burning souls resisting the urge to crash into each other) rather than fire and gasoline threatening to collide.

“Maybe you don’t bite,” her voice is impossibly quiet, but it does not matter since all the other sound seems to have fallen away. She does not hear the rustle of the limbs above, nor the lulling hum of insects. She does not even feel the heart that pumps inside of her chest, or the breath that whispers from her lungs. She just watches him, anticipating, waiting, her lips hovering near the corner of his mouth when she finishes with a whisper, “but I do.” Another step, another tilt of her head, and her silver lips brush against his cheek, murmuring so sweetly that had anyone intruded on this moment it would have been easily misconstrued, “And if you try anything stupid, I’ll explode your heart.” Or in Hestoni’s case, something a lot worse.

starsin

it’s not like me to be so mean. you’re all I wanted.
    ( just let me hold you Like a hostage. )

@[Wolfbane]

Messages In This Thread
    The Sweet Sting || Starsin || - by Wolfbane - 04-09-2020, 07:16 PM
    RE: The Sweet Sting || Starsin || - by Starsin - 04-12-2020, 06:04 PM
    RE: The Sweet Sting || Starsin || - by Wolfbane - 04-22-2020, 02:29 PM
    RE: The Sweet Sting || Starsin || - by Starsin - 04-26-2020, 04:21 PM
    RE: The Sweet Sting || Starsin || - by Wolfbane - 05-04-2020, 07:29 PM
    RE: The Sweet Sting || Starsin || - by Starsin - 05-16-2020, 05:22 PM
    RE: The Sweet Sting || Starsin || - by Wolfbane - 05-17-2020, 07:09 PM
    RE: The Sweet Sting || Starsin || - by Starsin - 05-26-2020, 02:07 AM
    RE: The Sweet Sting || Starsin || - by Wolfbane - 06-07-2020, 03:42 PM
    RE: The Sweet Sting || Starsin || - by Starsin - 06-19-2020, 01:42 AM