• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  They were the ones who could fly.
    i feel
    a bad moon rising
    Many – perhaps most – of the horses that Lepis has met here in the Field have come from somewhere beyond. Their origins are as varied as the shapes of the summer clouds overhead; she’s rather sure she’s never met two from the same place. They come for as many reasons: looking for purpose, or freedom, or escape. Sometimes they are lost, and sometimes they linger here only a while before they are off again, their searching unsatisfied by what Beqanna has to offer.

This silver-haired mare is not one of those, it seems. She is recently arrived, but returning rather than venturing here for the first time. What had sent her away, Lepis wonders, and what has brought her back? Those are probing questions though, and perhaps sensitive ones, so Lepis returns the other mare’s gentle smile and her greetings. "It’s nice to meet you as well, Larentia. I’m Lepis."

"Your search is not an easy one," Lepis says, a nod of her head and the tone of her voice acknowledging the difficulty of such a search, as one who has made a similar pursuit. Before she can add more, the sound of hooves on earth and tall summer grasses against barrels pulls her attention away from her silver companion.

It’s a pair of stallions, neither familiar. The first is younger, pale and with friendly amber eyes. His wings are ethereal, made of light rather than flesh and feather, and he is eager to help. Lepis smiles at his inquiry, knowing that it is directed more toward Larentia, and moves her blue-grey gaze to the second stallion. He is older, with bi-colored eyes and a face that is almost familiar. His rasping voice is not, though, and her ears flick forward as she returns his greeting with a "Hello," and a smile before looking back at their other companions.

Larentia includes them both in the conversation with ease, a skill that Lepis admires. "Standing in the sun here is like standing in the shade back in Loess," Lepis answers the red-haired stallion with an amused upward twist of her dark mouth. "I’m here for more than relief from the heat though," the dun mare continues. "I was hoping to find newcomers to Beqanna who might be interested in making Beqanna their home. And -" she glances toward Larentia with a raise of her brow and a quick smile, "- I suppose for those returning here who might be seeking the same thing."

@[Larentia] @[Toivo] @[Raul]
    n | l

Messages In This Thread
    They were the ones who could fly. - by Larentia - 04-09-2020, 11:18 PM
    RE: They were the ones who could fly. - by Lepis - 04-10-2020, 08:18 AM
    RE: They were the ones who could fly. - by Toivo - 04-10-2020, 11:36 AM
    RE: They were the ones who could fly. - by Raul - 04-10-2020, 11:53 AM
    RE: They were the ones who could fly. - by Lepis - 04-12-2020, 08:19 AM
    RE: They were the ones who could fly. - by Raul - 04-17-2020, 08:14 PM