• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  They were the ones who could fly.
    It seemed he was not the only one interested in seeking out others today. His ears twisted, a small smile of welcome bowing his lips at the sight of their third member. Another Tephran, he knew, but not one he'd been formally introduced to as yet. He would have to change that soon. For now though, they settled back into polite discussion, the undercurrent of competition not going unnoticed. 

His head hung low, cropping slow mouthfuls of grass while the conversation unfolded between them. Am appreciative glance was cast to the blue-tinged mare who gently steered the conversation in the direction they all meant it to go. He rolled his shoulders thoughtfully before adding his own words to the mix. "It seems you have options then, Larentia," he rumbled, nodding between he and young Toivo and the long-haired Lepis. "I am Raul, Healer of Tephra. Our kingdom is a lush one, especially this time of year, and it is possible the home you seek is in our jungles."

His eyes were soft as his gaze circulated the gathered horses, resting on each of them in turn. His multicolored tail swung easily from side to side in the warm air, sweeping away whining insects and hot air. "Of course, home is not an easy thing to define. You may find it in fair Lepis' Loess as easily as in my own land. I hope, however, that I am not getting ahead of myself in saying that I think you would bloom beautifully in Tephra's care." His damaged voice was slow and measured over the length of his speech, each syllable thought before being released. 

At the close he nodded once, his piece said, and dropped his head to continue his steady munching of the greenery between them. 

@[Lepis] @[Larentia] @[Toivo] Thought I'd continue this as Nilla is on break

Messages In This Thread
    They were the ones who could fly. - by Larentia - 04-09-2020, 11:18 PM
    RE: They were the ones who could fly. - by Lepis - 04-10-2020, 08:18 AM
    RE: They were the ones who could fly. - by Toivo - 04-10-2020, 11:36 AM
    RE: They were the ones who could fly. - by Raul - 04-10-2020, 11:53 AM
    RE: They were the ones who could fly. - by Lepis - 04-12-2020, 08:19 AM
    RE: They were the ones who could fly. - by Raul - 04-17-2020, 08:14 PM