• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  meet me in the afterglow, litotes
    LITOTES

Litotes draws back sharply, cold breath drawn held hostage in his chest. He can sense Lilt's hurt, sudden and frightening, and he curses himself for causing it the moment he gave in. The raw, bandaged heart he holds too tight shudders in his grip. Barely it beats, tired and uncertain of where its end meets.

Silence is all Lie can offer her. His lips are pressed tightly together and his eyes are not sharp but . . . they give away his struggle. Anger not necessarily directed at Lilt is prevalent, and the cremello is determined to keep it to himself.

"I would never -" the stallion starts, voice harsher than he means it to be. He draws his chin close to his neck and peers hard at Lilt. He doesn't want to hurt her, but he doesn't know how. She is so unlike the sword-wielding women he loved and lost. She doesn't turn love into trenches, doesn't know to hide parts of herself. Lilt is nothing other than what she claims to be and even when she tries to hide herself from him, like in moments like these, she comes tumbling out moments later.

"Lilt," Lie says slowly, closing his eyes. "You don't have to be sorry - please," he pauses, voice not straining but his breath hitching, "don't cry. I couldn't take it if I made you cry." The shadow-weaver goes quiet once again, opening his eyes. His lips part in an attempt to say something else but for the moment he can't find the words and merely stares pleadingly at Lilt.

Silence stretches heavily over the pair and Lie knows he has to break it before it breaks them.

"I don't know what it's like to not have secrets, Lilt, or complications. I don't deserve you. I -" he stops, mouth open and twitching in a search for the right words. "I wish I could show you - or even tell you - how you're all I've ever wanted but I don't think I can," Lie continues, voice falling into a low murmur as he speaks. "I don't think I know how."

and let the cool air in, feel the night slip in
    as it softly glides across your back
    and i hope you leave right before the sun comes up
    so i can watch it alone

@[Lilt]

Messages In This Thread
    meet me in the afterglow, litotes - by Lilt - 04-12-2020, 02:55 PM
    RE: meet me in the afterglow, litotes - by Lilt - 04-20-2020, 12:38 AM
    RE: meet me in the afterglow, litotes - by Lilt - 05-03-2020, 10:12 PM
    RE: meet me in the afterglow, litotes - by litotes - 05-20-2020, 10:03 PM
    RE: meet me in the afterglow, litotes - by Lilt - 06-07-2020, 06:37 PM