• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  hear that lonesome whipporwill

elio

some say I should learn to cry but I only learned how to fight
    and I know everything must die but nothing fades like the light

Beneath the overhang, Elio sways from side to side, black hooves occasionally sending a pebble flying over the edge. He tracks the descent of the rock with eyes that match the cloudy sky above, little droplets of water seeping into his forehead and mane as he peers over. He looks strange, muted - like his vibrant golds and reds aren't meant to exist among the dreary Nerine air. But the look on his face isn't, muted; no, he is curious and focused, purposeful -

hopeful?

Not necessarily hopeful, Elio says to himself, taking a few steps back from the edge and leaning his hindquarters into the dark rock. The rough surface creates an itch he didn't know he had and he leans harder, eyes closed as his skin relaxes beneath the scratching.

"Oh," Elio says with a start (as he seems to so often do).  He opens his eyes to find the gaze of a winged dark bay stallion. Elio's face falls to something serious, levelling the Brennen-clone with a clear gaze.

"Are you Brennen? You look how Lepis described," he questions, very quickly flicking his eyes from elegant head down to the black-dipped hooves. After a moment, Elio says, "Lepis is my mother. She sent me here to see what you know of controlling shifters and curses."

@[Djinni]
    [Image: elio-by-dozymare-ddo34i6.png]

Messages In This Thread
    hear that lonesome whipporwill - by elio - 04-15-2020, 10:53 AM
    RE: hear that lonesome whipporwill - by Djinni - 04-24-2020, 07:50 AM
    RE: hear that lonesome whipporwill - by elio - 04-25-2020, 12:28 AM
    RE: hear that lonesome whipporwill - by Djinni - 04-25-2020, 11:14 PM
    RE: hear that lonesome whipporwill - by elio - 04-26-2020, 03:28 PM
    RE: hear that lonesome whipporwill - by Djinni - 04-27-2020, 10:26 PM
    RE: hear that lonesome whipporwill - by elio - 05-01-2020, 04:24 AM
    RE: hear that lonesome whipporwill - by Djinni - 05-01-2020, 10:31 PM
    RE: hear that lonesome whipporwill - by elio - 05-02-2020, 07:14 PM